*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

Hi Callum, sounds like you have a chance to be the top Aussie storm chaser with a bit of time and effort. Welcome aboard

Hey Callum,,,
Don't come to America,and chase....
We have enough chasers out here,already...
You will be another obstruction in my path that I will have/need to get around....
Good luck on chasing,downunder....
Kevin

LOL
:)

Hello! I'm Nikola. Born and raised in Serbia, SE Europe, i moved to the US in 2013, I live in Chicago and I'm owner operator truck driver.
The first two years here i spent driving and checking terrain all over the country.
My first chase in the US was 4/9/2015. but i was late for Rochelle event. I usually chase around 12 days per year.
Storm chasing for me is sort of relaxation, as well as good teaching material for people in my country.
I'm staff member of the most popular meteorological forum in Serbia. Down there we have serious issues with media labeling every single severe wind event as tornadic, after couple of well documented tornadoes hit Serbia.
My very first storm chase was in 2007. when i followed strong supercell over Belgrade Serbia, with nice wall cloud. I had only 1.3 mpx camera on my phone.
I admire storms since i was little kid, i still remember some great storms from 90s in my country. I would sit in front of my home till last moment.

Sorry for my sloppy english, that is a reason i didn't post here before, and one trivia, Serbia is country with the most developed but the most questionable hail suppression system. Yeah, we fire AgI rockets to supercells, but effects are highly questionable.

Last edited:
Welcome to storm chasing in the US Nikola. Your English is just fine as far as I can tell. I’m a big fan of Novak Djokovic who I’m sure you’ve heard of, but that’s a different matter altogether. If you have any questions fire away in the Beginners section and don’t be afraid to search the forum as the posts go back all the way to 2003 and there’s a lot of good stuff found in the archives.

My name is, "Oscar The Grouch"

and,I get "NO RESPECT" ! ! !

Why, I don't understand.....
FYI; I was NEVER on vidio this clip.

HA HA !
Still don't know what I look like.
ps. He was not "SUCKED OUT" by the nado....
The dude/driver did pray ????????
That's "ALL" he did.....Things got "FUNKY" during this time....
Another day :)

Last edited:
Hey Gang!

I am Troy Q Nelson, a professional photographer with a life long passion for weather. It was only recently I combined the two, on the Sonora Desert for the Monsoons...I am hooked! Must shoot more! I live in Wisconsin, we do get some gnarly thunderstorms but tough shooting with the wooded hills in our terrian...but I still try!FB_IMG_1516380081720.jpg

Dan Werts Checking in.
I have been a hobby chaser since 2004. Though the period of 2005 till 2013 was spent in the Army and thus I had limited chase opportunities.
I live in Ohio and I work as a network Administrator. Most of my chases have been local to wherever I live at the time. This has mostly been due to my finances, and obligations. I usually only travel within a 4 hour radius of where I live. However, since moving back, I tend to stick with the 3 state region of Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois.
From 2009 till 2012 while living in Japan I would usually do photography of typhoons coming in, as well as data keeping about monsoons. The storms over that way were real gully washers during the early part of the spring. Big beautiful beasts that would fill the entire sky yet not have the typical clutter like say an Ohio storm does.
I have a grand total of 3 tornado observations.
1. Was this last November when a severe storm system came through and dropped a tornado on some factories.
The other 2 were in Japan. One was a landspout that was short lived. The other was a water spout that was more luck than skill as I happened to be on the back end of the storm and saw the waterspout form and track along the ocean.
Most other chases I have done have been skywarn related. Taking up high visibility sites and radioing in Reports of damage and wind speed.

Hi everyone, I'm Bonne, from the Netherlands. Been reading this forum for years now and thought I might as well register. Hooked up with severe weather for pretty much all my life. My brother law is as well and invited me to go to the States to chase four years ago. First days we encountered some pretty supercells but I quickly found out (of course) that I didn't know jack sh*t about the physics and forecasting. So during that first week of chasing I started digging into all the material and have been reading and watching ever since. With a background in social sciences I'm unfortunately not able to grap everything. But in the past years we saw a couple of tornado's and (to me just as important) some very descent structures and got to meet loads of nice fellow chasers. Still got loads to learn though and of course it doesn't help that we're only able to go once a year, for a week.

Chasing in the Netherlands is difficult. Only once in a while we get descent setups for supercells, though we do get quite a few tornado's (mostly not supercellular) a year. Our country is really crowded, so when it rains, there's traffic jams all over the place. A supercell with large hail will do quite some damage due to the density of the population. For example, a supercell in 2016 did over a couple of hundred million euros worth of damage, also because it struck an area with lots of greenhouses.

I hope to meet you guys, on the net or in real life. I'm back in the States on the 7th of May!

Hi guys, I'm Kelsie from Brevard County, Florida. I have been a life long lover of weather ever since Hurricane Andrew. I remember being so sad that I had slept through it and ever since I make sure to stay awake all through the storms to watch them. I've only recently started really getting into all things weather. My wife and I plan to chase some time in the future and it has been both of our dreams to see a tornado.

Currently I've been researching Florida's hurricane drought, and driving my wife crazy because it's all I seem to talk about. I just have that funny feeling like something important is missing. Hopefully it'll slap me in the face one day.

Well nice meeting you all!

Back