*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

Thanks for the add! My name's Roger and I live in n.e. Ohio. Been a storm fan since I was a little kid, heck, I can pinpoint the exact date I became one at the ripe old age of 6... July 4, 1969. That was the date of the infamous Ohio Fireworks Derecho that killed 18 people here in Ohio. Never have been storm chasing other than a odd storm or two locally but someday soon I hope to head to the Midwest during storm season.

Hi everyone. Thank you for the add. My name is Robb C and I live in SE Wisconsin. I have been a Skywarn Spotter since 1990. The last couple years I have started to venture into storm chasing. This will be the first year in many that I will have the chance to actually get out and so some serious chasing. Any suggestions and help is always appreciated.

Hi - my name's Damian, and I'm a complete newbie. I've been wanting to go on a Storm Chasing trip for the last 15 years, and finally got to book one this season. I have gone myself to Northern Australia (Darwin) once for three days of storm chasing, which was excellent, even though it was mostly standard afternoon thunderstorms with only one road to chase on. I'm looking forward to getting more opportunities to chase in the future.

Hi there everyone! My name is Braxton. I have had an account here on the forums for a while now, but never posted anything. I have also been on the ST Discord for a few months now. I'm not a storm chaser right now as I am a sophomore in high school but have been a weather enthusiast for a long time now. I reside in the Tulsa, Oklahoma metro area, and enjoy watching storms in my area! Obviously I don't know everything about weather, so any help when I need it is always appreciated!

Just realized I've been on here a while and never introduced myself. I've been into severe weather and especially tornadoes since I was 7 and saw my first three tornadoes, all of which were on the ground at the same time. That was the 1988 tornado outbreak in Colorado. My parents hated it because anytime we had severe weather, I'd find any excuse to leave the basement and watch it out the window. I started chasing once I got my drivers license, on occasion, and now I do it every chance I get. I live in Oklahoma City now and also am a fairly new Amateur radio operator and still somewhat new to photography. Look forward to learning from others here and meeting other fellow chasers.

Welcome Kyle & Krista. Welcome to the group! Kinda neat to see new members with join dates of 2018 and me who has been here since 2003, but now I realize all that means is I'm getting old! o_O

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the add. My name is Aaron and I live in Orlando FL. Been a weather enthusiast and certified storm spotter for many years as a firefighter. Experiencing Irma as my first hurricane since moving to florida last year, I just want to take my weather knowledge and experience to the next level.

I drove from Dallas to Witicha today to be in position for Saturday. Would love to meet up Sat morning if anyone is in interested in tracking this together.

Hey everyone! My name is Mike and I have been interested in the action of chasing tornadoes all my life. I currently serve in the USMC and am deployed to Japan. My plan is to go on my first chase in the spring of 2019 when I return to Beaufort, SC (my permanent station) and take a 3 week journey to the Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas area where I will test my wits at attempting to see my first tornado in person. Hoping to meet some other chasers who I can get advice from.

Back