New board software online (March 13)

yeah that was my problem....i dont have that as a available option
[/b]

You may not have enough posts to do it. I would have Tim check that option to see. I believe the default is that you need atleast 500 posts before you can change that.

I'll enable the titles... it's possible they are disabled by default for the Member group.

Tim

I'll enable the titles... it's possible they are disabled by default for the Member group.

Tim
[/b]

A little confused -- as an example, Rdale is in the "member group" and had that capability for titles... so perhaps it was more of a software glitch? not really sure...

Regardless and anywho, thanks for enabling -- thought I was going blind because I could not find that. :)

I like the new look! May take me a bit to get used to what to use and what not to, however :)

Pat

Is there a "mark all forums read" link like we had with the phpBB?
[/b]

Walker,

Yes.. You can actually mark individual forums as read by just clicking on the IPB logo on the forum homepage. If you hover over the icon, it should say "Mark forum as read?" Click that and it will mark it that way.

To mark the entire forum as read, scroll to the bottom just above the Board Statistics table. Look to the far right and you should see "Delete cookies set by this board • Mark all posts as read". Click Mark all posts as read.

Is there a "mark all forums read" link like we had with the phpBB?
[/b]

In the upper-right corner of each forum, you can pull down the menu to mark all or to mark all and return to the main forum page.

Icon question: It's a curiosity. On the list of threads, we'll have some folders shaded blue, red, purple, and there's a legend as to what they mean at the bottom.

But some of the folder icons have a little bit cut out (in an L shape) on their bottom right sides. I'm sure it means something.

For instance, this particular thread has that little notch. What's it mean?

Is there a way for members to search for posts by other members?

We use to be able to do this with find all posts by this member. This is likely still available, but I've not found how to do it yet.

Thanks

Pat

Back