New board software online (March 13)

I'm sure some of you have logged in and are thinking "WTF?"

We've changed the board software from phpBB to Invsion to solve some chronic issues regarding CPU consumption and inflexibility with moderating the Target Area boards. Invision is a pretty good software package and will give us a lot of tools to run the forum a lot better.

Later tonight I'll be re-adding the banner ads (to keep our advertisers happy) and adjusting the layout to look a little more like our old board.

Tim

I'm sure some of you have logged in and are thinking "WTF?"

We've changed the board software from phpBB to Invsion to solve some chronic issues regarding CPU consumption and inflexibility with moderating the Target Area boards. Invision is a pretty good software package and will give us a lot of tools to run the forum a lot better.

Later tonight I'll be re-adding the banner ads (to keep our advertisers happy) and adjusting the layout to look a little more like our old board.

Tim
[/b]

I'm the first on on the 'NEW' board! Looks cool!

Besides giving the mods new tools, there are quite a few new nifty features and things that should make this easier. For example, the "Insert Link" button is somewhat interactive, in that it'll ask you for the address, then the title, and it'll add the necessary code for it to display correctly. Hopefully, if people use this, we'll get rid of the "long link" problem that causes people to scroll left/right. Cool stuff.

Note the "Report" button as well.

I like this new software as well. The new posting editor is very nice and so is all the other new features I'll have to check out.

I sure did pick the right time to come back to StormTrack to learn some more :eek:.

EDIT: Wow, that quick edit sure will come in handy lol.

Besides giving the mods new tools, there are quite a few new nifty features and things that should make this easier. For example, the "Insert Link" button is somewhat interactive, in that it'll ask you for the address, then the title, and it'll add the necessary code for it to display correctly. Hopefully, if people use this, we'll get rid of the "long link" problem that causes people to scroll left/right. Cool stuff.

Note the "Report" button as well.
[/b]

Great additions, and I might add, I love the look as well.

Sure you all have noticed this but "Site Admin" is underneath many names....
...also, nicknamed members (not full named) seem to make it on the "who's on" list as reg. members.
Hitting "reply", not "quote", also seems to insert a quote.

Just a few bugs Ive noticed.

Positive: I'm all for making things easier for admin/server load, etc. Keep up the awesome work admin - thanks for all you do - you don't get near the appreciation you deserve.

Negative: I'm not a huge fan of the skin - no offense or anything :) Also, I'm not in favor of having to store the year with my birthday - I think month and day is fine.

Excellent!! I love it. Can't wait to figure out all the new things to use. Thanks!

Hitting "reply", not "quote", also seems to insert a quote.

Just a few bugs Ive noticed.
[/b]

Jeff, if you hit the "reply at the bottom corner of each individual post, it will quote that particular post in the reply. If you just want to reply to the thread without quoting, scroll to the end of the thread, and there it has a reply button that shouldn't quote. I haven't tested this, but I also believe you can click several posts in a thread on the QUOTE tab and then reply at the bottom of the thread and it will quote multiple posts.

Two things I'm wondering about:

1) Have the rules changed about requiring that our usernames be our real names?

2) Where are all of the threads in the archived sections?

Otherwise everything looks great.

Two things I'm wondering about:

1) Have the rules changed about requiring that our usernames be our real names?

2) Where are all of the threads in the archived sections?

Otherwise everything looks great.
[/b]

1) not at all, it will still be required.

2) Tim's still working out some of the details on the new setup.

B)

Back