• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

NE/IA Get Together POSSIBLE NEW DATE AUG 14

HAHAHAHAHAHA that would be bad

Now you sound like my wife!

"No honey, you'll scare the kids!"

Anyway, in all seriousness....

Just a list of your do's and do'nts as well as permissible items versus contraband. Not that I'm planning to bring a bong and j's, but the more sutble rules such as putting the seat back down on the toilet.

Regards,

Mike

P.S. NO, I am not trying to get my message count higher! :)

Party Planner

Mel,

You need to put together a few lists so that we all know when the party is, what the party schedule is, what food items, tapes, games, cards, whatever to bring and a list of do's and don'ts. Also we will need your address and a nice Yahoo! road map.

Let's hope we don't raise the ire of your neighbors with our partying and bring the wrath of the Omaha Police into this shing-ding. 8)

COPS in Omaha is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement.

All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Cut to multiple cop cars on Mel's lawn.

My buck@$$ naked carcass being shoved in a cruiser, another chaser lying face down with an anemometer sticking from his nether-regions, Mel ranting and raving about some disagreement we had in regards to the Fujita scale.

And of course, Mike H in a wife beater. :)

that would be classic. :)

Regards,

Mike

Originally posted by mikedeason
COPS in Omaha is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement.

All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Cut to multiple cop cars on Mel's lawn.

My buck@$$ naked carcass being shoved in a cruiser, another chaser lying face down with an anemometer sticking from his nether-regions, Mel ranting and raving about some disagreement we had in regards to the Fujita scale.

And of course, Mike H in a wife beater. :)

that would be classic. :)

Regards,

Mike
I'm soooooo turning the webcam on now :lol:

Larry when i have the specifics they will be posted

I think its been decided its bring your own beer.... as far as food and stuff goes would everyone rather get together at a resteraunt and then head back to my house for video's or do u want me to fire up the grill and we will just grill out?

Yikes well that counts me out to come on that date. I have a daylong commitment on Aug 7. Sorry. Someone else is gonna have to bring a VCR. :( My apologies.

Originally posted by Jeffrey Miller
Yikes well that counts me out to come on that date. I have a daylong commitment on Aug 7. Sorry. Someone else is gonna have to bring a VCR. :( My apologies.
its not set in stone

why doesnt everyone tell me what date in Aug works for them and we will go from there.. I've had 2 other people tell me they can't on the 7th

7th is good...

Aug 7 is ok with me and a 3-5 p.m. social hour works for me, too..

4a4e8cc9b7fb88239d59bc7fcf0de5b2.gif

I will bring a VCR

Mel,
Yikes well that counts me out to come on that date. I have a daylong commitment on Aug 7. Sorry. Someone else is gonna have to bring a VCR. My apologies.

I will be happy to bring along a VCR for you. It's an extra set I had sitting in the closet. It's a duplicate Christmas gift, you know how that happens.

Mike H., please limit your video collection to six hours, thanks!

4884b52696a4bf0fe7013e271aa8785f.gif

Mike, you gotta be there! I need to meet one of the gods of storm chasing that i've heard so much about. Anyways, Any date in august works for me, I just need to know two weeks before. You know, work's work.

Whoah Cowboy!

Many more Mikes and we'll have to come up with innovative solutions to individually identify us.

j/k of course. :)

Regards,

Mike

Mike, you gotta be there! I need to meet one of the gods of storm chasing that i've heard so much about.

LMAO - that's definitely Hollingshead you've been hearing so much about.

Yeah - we've been trying for years to figure out what it is about chasing that attracts so many Mikes.

Can we move this to Aug 14th? I just found out I have a babyshower I have to attend on the 7th.

Better let Mel Know!!

Hey folks,

Don't let this party opportunity slip by. Let Mel know you are coming to her storm chasers get-together so she can start planning!! This is your chance to make some new contacts, share stories and watch storm videos, etc. Best way of getting rid of that SDS sickness!! :D

Update: Just heard of Mel's resignation as ST moderator. I'm hoping this does not affect our storm get-together plans. :?:

hmmm, i might be able to make it if i can scrounge the cash to drive out there. never met anybody on this forum before, i think it would be a good intro to the community. I'll say I'm a maybe for right now.

-Ben

If you are sure you're going to have it the 14th someone needs to post that to NEChasing...or it should of already...lol. Let me know and I'll post it to the list.

Originally posted by Mike Hollingshead
If you are sure you're going to have it the 14th someone needs to post that to NEChasing...or it should of already...lol. Let me know and I'll post it to the list.
go ahead and post it and see if we get some reply.. I have only had 2 people say OK for the 14th and with that kinda of turn out I'm not going to bother.

Its come to my attention that a few people have sent Larry Kosch money to help defray the costs for this party.. That is not nessasary and I was unaware this was even taking place until just now.. Please contact Larry for a refund of your money ASAP as it looks like it will be byob and held in the evening so it'll be a chips dip sorta thing if it even happens.

Originally posted by nickgrillo
The money was used for a gift actually. At least I think so... :?
I was unaware of any of this and since I am the one putting the party together I assure you there was never going to be a gift giving segment.

I know Larry had wonderful intentions but I would have never asked for money donations unless a ton of people were coming to help defray the cost of food. Since it will be BYOB it wasn't nessasary. At any rate I am requesting that Larry return the money to the people who sent it.

Request and Regrets

Mel,

Per your request, I have started the process of returning the donations to the persons that sent me the monies. I am sorry that I have upset you in your party planning, etc. I was just trying to help you out, etc.

I do have a regret to pass along to you. I found out today at work that my schedule for next weekend has been changed. I will have to do a double shift (ouch!) next Saturday, the 14th. That means I will have to be at work from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m. on that day. Even if I went home after work, changed clothes and drove at warp speed to Omaha, it will be well after 11 p.m. before I get to your party.

I am very, very sorry to tell you that I will not be able to attend. I have been looking forward to your party and was hoping to meet you and other storm chasers in the area. BTW, that means I will not be able to bring up that VCR that we were going to play storm chase videos on. Looks like you will have to find someone else...

Right now I feel so bad and so small, I'm going to dig a hole and bury myself for a couple of weeks. I might even take off on that vacation to Colorado I've been planning. Again I'm sorry Mel. :cry:

Why can't we just push things back a few weeks, especially since some of us are stive actively chasing. Sometime in early September, maybe?

Regards,

Mike

Back