NE/IA Get Together POSSIBLE NEW DATE AUG 14

Mel,
Wow, through all that rush & frenzy at the truckstop in Nebraska you still remember our pass-by --I'm impressed! :wink:
Anyway, I guess I prefer a Saturday (perhaps the 7th of August) to have this get together, since most people probably won't make it Friday unless it's late which kinda defeats the purpose. Since for many of us this isn't just a local trip (especially for me), we'll need some time to drive back, assuming everything works out, so having this thing Sunday would be a bad idea also. Just my thoughts though...
Have a blast chasing today, for you (Mel) and anyone else in NE!! Wish I was up there!
Jon

Tornado Vids

Hey MEL,

Since someone is bringing a VCR, I can bring along my tornado tape video collection. I got four of 'em, including one about the May 3, 1999 F-5 Oklahoma City tornado, "Terror in the Heartland". That would provide filler time and entertainment between chasers' videos.

Also is any body bringing along board games? I thought it would be fun to make up teams and play games like "Taboo" or "Guesstures". Any other ideas?

OBTW, what is the planned time for the get-together on Aug. 7 ?? Keep in mind I have to work on that day until 2 p.m. Then I'm free :D

I think everybody is planning to camp out in front of Mel's for several days (commune style), then crash inside all weekend, eat all the CocoPuffs (you DO have CocoPuffs, I hope) and steal the toilet paper before leaving. :)

Actually, good question. What time is the opening ceremonies and first pitch?

Regards,

Mike

Guess it'll be a two dayer now, what, with the Mike H Film Festival. Please condense your video down to about 8 or nine hours Mike. :)

j/k

Regards,

Mike

Why not gun for a one or two hour "start" (say, 3pm-5pm) and have a icebreaker/mixer during that period. When that period's up, roll the tapes!

Regards,

Mike

thats good for me... what about food/drinks?
I'll need a RSVP or something so I know what and how much to get

I'll bring several cans of boiled peanuts. Not as good as fresh boiled, but a decent substitute none the less.

BTW Mel, what are "house rules?" For instance, I'm sure no one wants to see me get excited watching one of H's videos, rip my clothes off and start bowing to him as I chant, "You are the master!" :)

Regards,

Mike

HAHAHAHAHAHA that would be bad

Now you sound like my wife!

"No honey, you'll scare the kids!"

Anyway, in all seriousness....

Just a list of your do's and do'nts as well as permissible items versus contraband. Not that I'm planning to bring a bong and j's, but the more sutble rules such as putting the seat back down on the toilet.

Regards,

Mike

P.S. NO, I am not trying to get my message count higher! :)

Party Planner

Mel,

You need to put together a few lists so that we all know when the party is, what the party schedule is, what food items, tapes, games, cards, whatever to bring and a list of do's and don'ts. Also we will need your address and a nice Yahoo! road map.

Let's hope we don't raise the ire of your neighbors with our partying and bring the wrath of the Omaha Police into this shing-ding. 8)

COPS in Omaha is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement.

All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Cut to multiple cop cars on Mel's lawn.

My buck@$$ naked carcass being shoved in a cruiser, another chaser lying face down with an anemometer sticking from his nether-regions, Mel ranting and raving about some disagreement we had in regards to the Fujita scale.

And of course, Mike H in a wife beater. :)

that would be classic. :)

Regards,

Mike

Originally posted by mikedeason
COPS in Omaha is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement.

All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Cut to multiple cop cars on Mel's lawn.

My buck@$$ naked carcass being shoved in a cruiser, another chaser lying face down with an anemometer sticking from his nether-regions, Mel ranting and raving about some disagreement we had in regards to the Fujita scale.

And of course, Mike H in a wife beater. :)

that would be classic. :)

Regards,

Mike
I'm soooooo turning the webcam on now :lol:

Larry when i have the specifics they will be posted

I think its been decided its bring your own beer.... as far as food and stuff goes would everyone rather get together at a resteraunt and then head back to my house for video's or do u want me to fire up the grill and we will just grill out?

Back