Long Exposure Capable Cameras

So I'm looking to take long exposures, but my current dig camera can only do 2 seconds max.

I'm also on a very tight budget, mostly just money I'm getting from selling old equipment, so does anyone have an ideas or thoughts on a cheapish camera that can take at least 15 second exposures?

So I'm looking to take long exposures, but my current dig camera can only do 2 seconds max.

I'm also on a very tight budget, mostly just money I'm getting from selling old equipment, so does anyone have an ideas or thoughts on a cheapish camera that can take at least 15 second exposures?

What kind of camera is it? I have a Canon 10D and I bought a wired remote shutter release that allows me to take long exposures. There is no limit on the exposure length I can take. The only limits are battery life and hot pixels.

I spent $15-30 on ebay for this device.

Even if you don't take long exposures I highly suggest something like this to prevent camera shake.

Yeah, I kinda figured that. I'll be looking for a new camera soon, but I'm on a tight budget so I'll be looking to spend not more than $200. I know it's not a whole lot, but I'm hoping I'll find something...

Andrew keep checking ebay, I saw a decent canon that normally is sold for around 450. for 180. so keep your eyes peeled.

Hi Andrew, I was also in your position in the beginning of the year. I knew that DSLRS were out of my range so I checked out alot of cameras to see which had good long exposure options. For myself, an exposure from 5 seconds thru 60 seconds is basically all I needed. Well I found a camera that is not pricey at all and it had at max a 64 second exposure option. Believe it or not, Its the Kodak Easyshare z730. I have been capturing great looking lightning photos and everything else. I bought mine for about 190 I believe and it has been well worth the money.

Hopefully this helps. You can see the photos I take on my website

http://www.severeidaho.com

Camera= Kodak Easyshare Z730

Good Luck

-gerrit

Andrew, Now I noticed you currently have a digital camera and I am assuming that you want to keep shooting digital? Now if you only have $200 +/- it may be real hard to find a Digital camera in that price range. Now you can get a Canon Rebel 2000 35mm for under $200 on e-bay but its film. Now the Digital Rebel will run you in the $600-$700 range. Now with these cameras you can leave the shutter open as long as you want it. I would suggest getting a remote for whatever camera you do get. Hope this helps,

Jeremy

Back