2018 CHASE PARTNER THREAD

Hey all,

I’ve been chasing alone pretty much the entire time I’ve been chasing (on and off since the 90’s, regularly the last 6 years) and would like to take on a partner or partners for events this year.

I’m based out of Indy, and chase a lot in the Midwest out to Iowa, and will also be taking (as planned now) a two-week chase-cation to the plains the second half of May.

My setup currently consists of the following:

2014 Grand Cherokee Limited with a full streaming rig; laptop setup with four remote-controlled cameras for 360 degree coverage, cell booster, 1000W power inverter, Nikon DSLR, backup JVC camcorder, and two “faux-pro” action cams.

I’m also affiliated with SVLMedia as my broker, and have a very quick avenue for selling any footage.

Basically, if you have weather knowledge and a passion for chasing (and I can stand being in a car with you all day, lol) you have the qualifications, even if you’re still working on acquiring your gear. But I’d like to try and get somebody who has chased before and knows what they’re doing to some degree, as I’m doing this to alleviate some of the responsibilities and have another set of eyes... more gear means more distractions, y’know... Somebody with a formal meteorological education would be clutch, as I am primarily self-taught and would love to learn more from that angle.

Anyway, I’m just spitballing here and figured Stormtrack would be the best place to start.

As far as me? I chase aggressively but safely, and I try to keep a sense of humility when it comes to storms, and courtesy to other chasers and drivers. I’m not a daredevil or a yahoo. I admire guys like Chuck Doswell and Warren Faidley, and try to chase the way they have chased, versus some of the younger generation’s tactics, if that makes sense. I don’t have any hail protection, so I try to avoid hail shafts, lol. If you’re looking to drive into baseballs on purpose, this ain’t the gig. I’m also pretty chill and get along with almost anyone, as long as they don’t look at every social interaction as a chance to rant about their socio-political beliefs, etc. There’s enough of that on FB, so I don’t need to take it chasing.

Revenue/expenses? I’m looking to split gas evenly, and any chase revenue will be split evenly after chase expenses. I don’t chase for money and never have, and I’m not looking to take on a partner who views me simply as a driver to obtain and sell their own footage. As a partnership, it would be an equal endeavor, and I think that’s plenty fair.

If anyone is interested, please either respond here, PM me, or find me on FB. It doesn’t have to be a season-long thing, and could be as simple as hitting me up prior to an event and wanting to team up; I’m pretty flexible.

Hi Chris,

I am definitely interested in chasing with a partner such as yourself. This will be only my 5th year chasing, I got a late start in life given I’m nearly 40. Right now I plan on flying into either Dallas or Denver on Tues May 22nd and chase for 5 or so days. If this is too short of a trip I totally understand.

Please let me know if you’d like to discuss. I rent a car, travel pretty light (camera, phone, video) and won’t be annoying.

Shoot me a message to connect. 5/21(pm) or 5/22 to about 5/26 or 5/27 max

Thanks
Greg

Anyone from this thread looking to partner or caravan in 2018? Please message me, thanks!

Always. I'm out of Dallas
Anyone from this thread looking to partner or caravan in 2018? Please message me, thanks!

Not sure where you're out of but I'm always game to meet those with more experience than I. I'm out of Dallas so if it makes sense, lets chat.

Always. I'm out of Dallas

Not sure where you're out of but I'm always game to meet those with more experience than I. I'm out of Dallas so if it makes sense, lets chat.
I sent you a direct message - 5/21 to 5/26 are my only dates this year. Not a lot of time, but I’ll be looking to make the most of it!

I organise storm chasing tours each year for friends & fellow Chasers, running them on a non-profit basis, using an equitable cost-sharing formula to fund the tour expenses ... not a commercial tour operation, but more than just a “buddy” deal to share a vehicle ... if you’re interested contact me through www.stormgroupchasers.com - cheers, Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all,

I’ve been chasing alone pretty much the entire time I’ve been chasing (on and off since the 90’s, regularly the last 6 years) and would like to take on a partner or partners for events this year.

I’m based out of Indy, and chase a lot in the Midwest out to Iowa, and will also be taking (as planned now) a two-week chase-cation to the plains the second half of May.

My setup currently consists of the following:

2014 Grand Cherokee Limited with a full streaming rig; laptop setup with four remote-controlled cameras for 360 degree coverage, cell booster, 1000W power inverter, Nikon DSLR, backup JVC camcorder, and two “faux-pro” action cams.

I’m also affiliated with SVLMedia as my broker, and have a very quick avenue for selling any footage.

Basically, if you have weather knowledge and a passion for chasing (and I can stand being in a car with you all day, lol) you have the qualifications, even if you’re still working on acquiring your gear. But I’d like to try and get somebody who has chased before and knows what they’re doing to some degree, as I’m doing this to alleviate some of the responsibilities and have another set of eyes... more gear means more distractions, y’know... Somebody with a formal meteorological education would be clutch, as I am primarily self-taught and would love to learn more from that angle.

Anyway, I’m just spitballing here and figured Stormtrack would be the best place to start.

As far as me? I chase aggressively but safely, and I try to keep a sense of humility when it comes to storms, and courtesy to other chasers and drivers. I’m not a daredevil or a yahoo. I admire guys like Chuck Doswell and Warren Faidley, and try to chase the way they have chased, versus some of the younger generation’s tactics, if that makes sense. I don’t have any hail protection, so I try to avoid hail shafts, lol. If you’re looking to drive into baseballs on purpose, this ain’t the gig. I’m also pretty chill and get along with almost anyone, as long as they don’t look at every social interaction as a chance to rant about their socio-political beliefs, etc. There’s enough of that on FB, so I don’t need to take it chasing.

Revenue/expenses? I’m looking to split gas evenly, and any chase revenue will be split evenly after chase expenses. I don’t chase for money and never have, and I’m not looking to take on a partner who views me simply as a driver to obtain and sell their own footage. As a partnership, it would be an equal endeavor, and I think that’s plenty fair.

If anyone is interested, please either respond here, PM me, or find me on FB. It doesn’t have to be a season-long thing, and could be as simple as hitting me up prior to an event and wanting to team up; I’m pretty flexible.
I've been a solo chaser for 6 years now. I partner up with a fellow chaser from Ohio for long hauls. I'm sure we would both be interested. I always cover my part in gas expenses and hotel rooms.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am based in the Kansas City area and would like an occasional partner to go on some local/regional chases. My work schedule is irregular but usually have several weekdays off. Let me know if anyone is interested. Would share expenses of course. Can be the driver or not.

I made a post in the introductory chasing thread for people that are interested in chasing with me (us) this season. I may have a seat available from May 18th to June 2nd or June 2nd to June 23rd. If you would like to join us during one of these time slots, please let me know.

Cheers,
David

Tornadoalleychasing.com

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I also have seats available on my storm chasing group - the tours are organised on a non-profit basis ... one seat on Tour 2 for 10 days starting May 20th <arrive May 19th>; two seats on Tour 3 for 10 days starting May 31st <arrive May 30th>; and one seat on Tour 4 for 7 days starting June 10th <arrive June 9th> - book at www.stormgroupchasers.com ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi. I'm 74 and have no experience. Still reading? Thanks. I plan to photograph super cells if I can find them. I'm looking for someone with experience, who is good company, and who wants to go hunting.

I drive a 2014 Audi Q7, a workhorse of a beast. I use a Macbook Pro, iPad, and iPhone for electronics, with the appropriate software. And if you want more, that can happen. And since I will ask for help, I'll provide all the fuel, lodging, and food.

Photography gear includes three professional-level Canon cameras, multiple L lenses, tripods, cards, and peanut butter sandwiches. You would be welcome to use one of the cameras and lenses.

Sound like a deal? Hope so. I prefer to be on the Plains in late-May and June. I live in Albuquerque.

Attachments

• 20180502-shamrock-cover-1-640.jpg
    20180502-shamrock-cover-1-640.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 0
Back