KATRINA/RITA VICTIMS CHARITY DVD

Here's an update on DVD sales in the first 7 1/2 weeks of sales:

Total sold DVDs: 624
Total donations raised: $8812.88

We are outpacing last year by a long shot, but sales have dropped off since the holiday. We are still aiming to raise $20K in the end, so, if you haven't already done so, please place orders now:

http://stormsof2005.org

By comparison to last year, in 6 months of sales:

Total sold DVDs: 215
Total donations raised: $4207.74

Thanks!
Greg

I have an idea to possibly help out with the sales of the charity DVDs. I'm involved with the organization of two conferences within a week of each other this April. I'm going to help Ken Dewey at the University of Nebraska organize the Central Plains Symposium and I'm also a Consultant for the Ohio Severe Weather Symposium. My idea is to somehow sell the DVDs at these events and I know they will sell out. I was the Co-Coordinator of the Ohio Symposium last year and Tim V. sold some of his products outside the auditorium where the registration table was and the sales went pretty well. Rick McCoy from the Van Wert County, OH Emergency Management Agency sold DVDs of video taken from the Van Wert Tornado in November 2002 and he completely sold out of those. Any merchandise sold at the Ohio Symposium is fine as long as the Meteorology Club doesn't benefit from the sales. With this being such a worthy cause, I know that people will buy these up at both conferences. I'd be willing to help out with this anyway possible if it can be done.

Back