Interesting low pressure development in the Gulf

Instead of starting another thread I was wondering if anybody noticed the low level circulation off the New Jersey coast that is showing up visible satellite loops?

Does anybody have any opinions on this? I was thinking it may be some sort of eddy, but there are some occasional flare ups of convection.

Dunno about New Jersey :wink: but there sure looks like a development in the Yucatan Channel this morning, with vigorous persistent convection and the looks of anticyclonic upper outflow. Heeeere comes Vince, I think, very soon....

As for as the low of the Mid-Atlantic coast, it looks rather impressive on the visible (kinda like an EPAC TC when it move over cold water) but completely lacks anything in the way of deep convection (or any convection for that matter).

Other than that, I am growing increasingly concerned about possible future development of the system near the Yucatan. Though strong shear over the region should keep this area in check, at least for the next day or two, SSTs are favorable and the Gulf has been a storm machine so far this year (11 named systems caught at least a piece of it!). It's already got persistant deep convection, if it can develop a LLC (the SHIPS seems to think it has potential - lol) then we're off and running with #12. Just something to keep an eye on.

Back