SN / RS How RadarScope and Spotter Network work together

Good to hear you resolved it Alan. On my iPad I can get my red dot 🔴 to show up in about a minute. As for my Samsung S8 it takes about three minutes to see it. I’m better at using RS on my iPad than on my phone, mainly because I needed to buy the Android version of RS in order to learn how it works, so I can help support you guys here. I hope to soon learn the tricks about the Android version so it’s even between the two.

As for the SN website, I don’t worry about showing up there. There are more criteria in place to keep the map clean that I’m not privy to, but @John Wetter could tell us a little more about it I’m sure.

Thanks Mark. Since posting, I did figure out the interface trigger between the SN site and radar scope. The simple act of opening a storm report gave me the instant gratification of my public claim to fame on Radar scope where I saw the activity time reflect the current time on Radar scope.. You may want to try this on your ‘droid.

This may help the impatient like myself down the road understand the interaction process. Actually, I’m not impatient, but I do like to understand the hows and why’s.😀

Thanks for the quick response!

There is more than enough support material regarding this particular issue found in this very forum. You just have to read and try what suggestions have already been made. To get good support you have to tell us everything you've tried and what messages you're receiving. Screenshots are also helpful.

The first place to start is on the SN website Spotter Network where you should stay until you're able to login. Once you've completed that step you'll use those exact same credentials to login to SN through RS. Help us to help you!

Thanks Mark for the answers here. For our website, we restrict that map to people who have previously submitted several reports in the last year and have reported location on the map within the last few minutes. The best way to look at the data is either RadarScope or the GR apps.

Back