Confirmed Tornadoes of the 11/15 Outbreak (50 as of 24/05z)

Nashville CWA</span>[/b]
1) Benton County NW of Camden - F1
2) Benton County NNE of Camden - F2
3) Houston County SW of Erin - F2
4) Houston County SSE of Erin - F1
5) Houston County SSE of Erin - F0
6) Montgomery County SW of Clarksville - F1
7) Montgomery County SSW of Clarksville - F0
8.) Montgomery County SSW of Clarksville - F0
9) Montgomery County SSE of Clarksville - F2
10) Benton County S of Camden - F0
11) Humphreys County SW New Johnsonville - F1
12) Dickson County SW of Charlotte - F2
13) Dickson County NW of Charlotte - F0

<a href=\'http://www.sams-weather.com/weather/nov15_wayne_tn.txt\' target=\'_blank\'>14) Wayne County near Collinwood - F2 - 6 miles long - 100 yards wide </a> <span style=\'color:red\'>*1 injury*

15) Robertson County SW of Springfield - F0
16) Davidson County NNW of Nashville - F0
17) Maury County N of Columbia - F0
18.) Williamson County SW of Franklin - F0
19) Sumner County E of Hendersonville - F0

As of 00z Thursday, November 24, fifty tornadoes have been confirmed across seven different states, which resulted in one death and at least fifty-three injuries. This list will continue to be updated as damage survey results come in.

NWS Nashville - 19 tornadoes
NWS Paducah - 13 tornadoes
NWS Memphis - 5 tornadoes
NWS Louisville - 3 tornadoes
NWS Little Rock - 3 tornadoes
NWS Indianapolis - 2 tornadoes
NWS Birmingham - 1 tornado
NWS Huntsville - 1 tornado
NWS Lincoln, IL - 1 tornado
NWS North Webster - 1 tornado
NWS St. Louis - 1 tornado

Nick beat me to it. 300 miles wide. Jeff...let me know when your masters thesis defense on this tornado is so I can come and watch. Always been curious about a 300 yard wide tornado let along a 300 mile wide one. :D

I also heard a report from CNN that there was at least one Fatality in KY when a tornado plowed through a trailer park. Apparently the occupant was inside when the storm hit, and the trailer caught fire somehow. Anyone else hear about this?

Regarding the Benton, KY tornado, I have also heard the report of the fatality...SPC has it listed on their tornado stats page as well.

Rob

As stated in my forecast thread I was expecting F3 and less primarily due to amount of instability even though dynamics strongs. So far this seems to be the case and I have seen no F4 / F5 damage on any pics shown on tv or elsewhere so far.

Looks like Hopkins county tornado is preliminarily rated F4. If true my I suppose my forecast didn't catch that one even though the majority were F3 and under. It was primarily a hunch anyway based on what I was seeing when doing my forecast so not guaranteed to be entirely accurate. At 210 mph though it is only rated 3 mph over the F3 top range.

Originally posted by Bill Tabor
Looks like Hopkins county tornado is preliminarily rated F4. If true my I suppose my forecast didn't catch that one even though the majority were F3 and under. It was primarily a hunch anyway based on what I was seeing when doing my forecast so not guaranteed to be entirely accurate. At 210 mph though it is only rated 3 mph over the F3 top range.
Paducah always pegs their F-4's at 210 mph, all the F-4's in recent history anyway. 2002 Carter County, MO. F-4 and the 2003 Massac County F-4 were both pegged at 210 mph. The Massac County tornado supposedly did damage approaching F-5 status. The damage on Buckner Ridge Rd in Madisonville was also high-end F-4, IMO. Check out this article and photo: http://www.kentucky.com/mld/heraldleader/n...ws/13188391.htm

Back