Cold Air Outbreak

Very dissapointing on the east coast. My two personal weather stations had +19 in Darien, CT and +7 in Whiting, VT. No records for sure, but cold for this time of year.

I wish all the fresh snow we got today was on the ground the other day when that massive high pressure passed through. I bet we would have approached -20. It's always amazing how much colder it is when fresh snow is added. Even the most seasoned forecaster can easily underestimate the significance of this.

I wish all the fresh snow we got today was on the ground the other day when that massive high pressure passed through. I bet we would have approached -20. It's always amazing how much colder it is when fresh snow is added. Even the most seasoned forecaster can easily underestimate the significance of this.

Not to mention all the forecast models. I saw a comment on another (less favorable) forum indicating how bad the models forecasted the low temps.

In Central Texas this morning it was around 20 degrees with most of my drive to work being covered with ice down I-35 to Waco. Overnight high pressure is going to move in and with clear skies we are looking for a low around 15 degrees. Hey Maw, get out them long johns, it's gonna be a cold one!

The two NWS reporting sites in Tulsa reported "-0" and "-1" for lows this morning....coldest since 1996.

bathermo.jpg

Back