Chase vehicle...what's yours for 2005?

I’m curious regarding the lightning research correlated to "tornadoes or severe events." Since you’ve been studying this for nearly 20 years, I hope you can shed some light on the subject. You stated lightning “changes frequency before tornadoes or severe events.â€￾ Do you define severe events by the NWS criteria, or do you have a different classification? What tornadoes in West Virginia have you observed this change in frequency? What frequency are you referring to… frequency activity with time or an actual kHz stereo value? While collecting lightning data, how do you sample only the lightning from the target storm and not another one several miles away? Lastly, I should point out that every t-storm does indeed have lightning. Thanks for your time!

Scott Blair
http://www.targetarea.net/

I’m curious regarding the lightning research correlated to "tornadoes or severe events." Since you’ve been studying this for nearly 20 years, I hope you can shed some light on the subject. You stated lightning “changes frequency before tornadoes or severe events.â€￾ Do you define severe events by the NWS criteria, or do you have a different classification? What tornadoes in West Virginia have you observed this change in frequency? What frequency are you referring to… frequency activity with time or an actual kHz stereo value? While collecting lightning data, how do you sample only the lightning from the target storm and not another one several miles away? Lastly, I should point out that every t-storm does indeed have lightning. Thanks for your time!

Scott Blair
http://www.targetarea.net/

For 20 years of research , one would come to expect any significant findings from the parameters of the severe weather being investigated would be released in some scientific paper. Would you enlighten those in the forum of the exact source(s) of your private funding? You state that the information is available to paying customers , but do not give adequate contacts or links to the individual or individuals that performed the research. Im sure many on the forum are curious about this matter.

For 20 years of research , one would come to expect any significant findings from the parameters of the severe weather being investigated would be released in some scientific paper. Would you enlighten those in the forum of the exact source(s) of your private funding? You state that the information is available to paying customers , but do not give adequate contacts or links to the individual or individuals that performed the research. Im sure many on the forum are curious about this matter.

Would you enlighten those in the forum of the exact source(s) of your private funding? You state that the information is available to paying customers , but do not give adequate contacts or links to the individual or individuals that performed the research. Im sure many on the forum are curious about this matter.

Sure..Im curious but Im not sure I would expect him to provide information about private funding...by it's nature is it not private?

Just an observation :D

Would you enlighten those in the forum of the exact source(s) of your private funding? You state that the information is available to paying customers , but do not give adequate contacts or links to the individual or individuals that performed the research. Im sure many on the forum are curious about this matter.

Sure..Im curious but Im not sure I would expect him to provide information about private funding...by it's nature is it not private?

Just an observation :D

Ok, this will be my last post on this. I cannot answer the questions because as I said before I do not know the answers. I don't do the research. The funding is indenpenant and in my pos. do not get that info. The information goes with those that are doing this and I do not have anyway to tell you how to contact them,and my understanding is that it is a money thing with copyright info and the like. I am operations officer which means I see that the van is ready for whatever is going on that day. The lightning freq question is the amount not the radio freq. I know special vlf radios are used to count the strikes. Problem is asking me is like asking the maid,we just do have it all to share. Now back to the proper conversition.

Sorry for letting this get so far off topic. :oops:

Ok, this will be my last post on this. I cannot answer the questions because as I said before I do not know the answers. I don't do the research. The funding is indenpenant and in my pos. do not get that info. The information goes with those that are doing this and I do not have anyway to tell you how to contact them,and my understanding is that it is a money thing with copyright info and the like. I am operations officer which means I see that the van is ready for whatever is going on that day. The lightning freq question is the amount not the radio freq. I know special vlf radios are used to count the strikes. Problem is asking me is like asking the maid,we just do have it all to share. Now back to the proper conversition.

Sorry for letting this get so far off topic. :oops:

Nice Rack!

Can't believe I'm saying this to a guy... or anyone for that matter...

but...

Nice Rack!!

Is that custom?

Nice Rack!

Can't believe I'm saying this to a guy... or anyone for that matter...

but...

Nice Rack!!

Is that custom?

hahaha
Thanks for the comment! The rack is custom made, each year I rebuild it for fun and update lil improvements on it. It basically keeps my mind busy during the off season. :wink:

hahaha
Thanks for the comment! The rack is custom made, each year I rebuild it for fun and update lil improvements on it. It basically keeps my mind busy during the off season. :wink:

Joey,

Glad to see you plan to chase this year.. I recall a thread you stated you went broke and wasnt planning to chase any more.. Welcome back!

:)

Joey,

Glad to see you plan to chase this year.. I recall a thread you stated you went broke and wasnt planning to chase any more.. Welcome back!

Joey,

Thanks,

I'm probably not gonna go chasing as far out as I did last year such as up in Nebraska, but probably stay here in Kansas and northern Oklahoma.

Looking forward to a great year!

Joey,

Thanks,

I'm probably not gonna go chasing as far out as I did last year such as up in Nebraska, but probably stay here in Kansas and northern Oklahoma.

Looking forward to a great year!

Back