Chase Case #6 (2010 Version)

Well, I think I'm going to jump the gun and take off from Clarinda toward St. Joseph, MO and intercept the cells coming out of Kansas, not sure if its the right move, but I'm trying to keep this real to what I would actually do given the situation, so we'll see what happens I guess, just hope for the best. Better to be wrong in a chase case and learn from it that in real life:D

There is a cell lighting up to my west, but the low levels aren't looking too good. Moving east to Macon, MO where the better backed winds are. Also looks like there's a pretty sharp boundary between Chillicothe and Kirksville, and a nice CU field north of Columbia. Should be in Macon in < 90 minutes.

Moving E again to Memphis, MO it's about to start exploding in a fast moving moderate risk environment. So, I figure a jump north or south as it plays out is not out of the question.

It still looks like that warm front is nudging northward. Things are looking better on the vis in S IA and N MO. I think I'm too far east at this point, but I think straddling the MO/IA border isn't such a bad move, so I'll head west towards Centerville, IA should get there around 2030Z

Lots of good looking cumuls in Missouri now. I'd still be enroute to Keokuk at this point, but I'm going to divert and head further southwest towards Memphis, MO. That warm front looks like its going to creep north as southern Iowa is getting some clearing now. I'll probably follow that. I think the trick will be to catch these cells as they approach the warm front and tap the better directional shear and backed winds.

I still like it here but am going to leave Iowa City, Iowa and go towards Bloomfield, Iowa. Going to sit at corner of 63 & J15 between Ottumwa and Bloomfield under the water tower.
I think the Sw winds will blow severe weather up in this area-but also like that little bow echo looking return on SW Tennessee area-that defiantly could move on down and into Nashville or further east

Im not necessarily buying into the Tornado Watch hype east of me yet, and besides that I HATE chasing east of HWY 65 in Missouri, terrain is absolutely terrible(Although not nearly as bad as Arkansas LOL). Im staying in Cameron, MO for now keeping a close eye on the cell building in E KS but also watching East and Southeast of me just in case.

It still looks like that warm front is nudging northward. Things are looking better on the vis in S IA and N MO. I think I'm too far east at this point, but I think straddling the MO/IA border isn't such a bad move, so I'll head west towards Centerville, IA should get there around 2030Z

Been here for a while now..... find me, we'll grab lunch

Heading east to Unionville, MO. Good road options. Clearing in southern IA is very promising. Should see WF move farther north and as storms fire in NC MO, think they should be able to tap into backed sfc flow as they near the front.

Main synoptic features on the composite map seem like they didn't update. The surface low now appears to be over I-35 at the MO/IA border. I had some trouble marking up the warm front on this set of surface observations--I see a possibility already in southern IA, and the other option in its previous location in northern MO.

The WF option in MO seems to have some representation in the visible satellite, so that's the one I'm leaning toward. Looks like a few boundaries are also starting to show up in the cloud field. One focus in particular looks like it's located over Kirksville, MO. I'm making the 17 mile drive south to Memphis, MO with intercept options along Rt. 15 or Hwy 136.

18Z Surface Markup

Still holding in Keokuk, IA. Within the next few hours storms should fire along a rather extended north-south line through east-central MO. They'll be moving ENE at 40 or better and I may need to run south quick to catch the best storms. With such strong forcing coming upstream the rather diffuse wf may just not be the best play.

Back