Chase Case #6 (2010 Version)

After leaving St. Louis this morning made it to Macon, MO. and stoped there just south of the warm front. Does not look like the warm front will make to much farther north. Dont like the clouds along the front so will head west into the clearing. Im headed to the intersection of hwy 65 & 36 just south of Chillicothe, MO.

Headed a bit farthern to the ENE and I am en-route to Bethany, MO with I-35 nearby and good E-W routes as well (Highway 136). I'll wait on the east side of Bethany, MO and see what happens.

Still sitting in the wee-little town of Macon, MO waiting for the atmosphere to spice up a little more. Clearing to the southeast should allow for some surface heating and it will be interesting to see how long the cap to the west and north holds out. Just trying not to jump the gun in any direction right away.

Chip

Going to leave my short stay in Des Moines and head south and visit some realatives around Crawfordsville IA.. Should make it there and have some time to chat before next updates. Don t like IA being under cloudy skies. Also thought the low would have made little more northerly track but appears to to be tracking more eastward now. Like the clearing that is going on in MO. Really don t see the warm front pushing into Des Moines by initiation. Will what happens I guess.

It's now 18z; there will be another suite of surface and radar updates at approximately 20z-21z.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
18z Surface Data
National Satellite/Surface Composite
Minneapolis, MN Regional (MSP)
Wichita, KS Regional (ICT)
Evansville, IN Regional (EVV)

18z Upper Air Data
300 mb UA obs
500 mb UA obs
700 mb UA obs
850 mb UA obs

18z Radar Data
National Radar Composite
Central Plains Composite
Central Mississippi Composite

18z Visible Satellite Imagery
National Satellite Imagery
Evansville, IN Regional Composite (EVV)
Wichita, KS Regional Composite (ICT)

Watches

TORNADO WATCH
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
1230 PM CDT
THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A
TORNADO WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF

SE IOWA / W CENTRAL ILLINOIS / MUCH OF CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST MISSOURI

EFFECTIVE FROM 1230 PM UNTIL 800 PM CDT.

TORNADOES...HAIL TO 2.5 INCHES IN DIAMETER...THUNDERSTORM WIND
GUSTS TO 70 MPH...AND DANGEROUS LIGHTNING ARE POSSIBLE IN THESE AREAS.
TORwatch130.png

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH
115 PM CDT
THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF

SOUTH-CENTRAL AND SOUTHWESTERN IOWA / NE KANSAS
NW MISSOURI

EFFECTIVE FROM 115 PM UNTIL 500 PM CDT.

HAIL TO 2 INCHES IN DIAMETER...THUNDERSTORM WIND GUSTS TO 70
MPH...AND DANGEROUS LIGHTNING ARE POSSIBLE IN THESE AREAS.
SVRwatch.png

MDs

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION
0114 PM CDT
AREAS AFFECTED......PARTS OF NE MS/NRN AL AND MIDDLE/EASTERN TN INTO PARTS OF S CNTRL/SE KY CONCERNING...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM POTENTIAL

TRENDS CONTINUE TO BE MONITORED FOR INCREASING SEVERE THREAT AND THE POSSIBILITY OF A WW.
mcd.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back