CHASE CASE 4

I'm happy with my position in Tatum, NM. Guess I'll sit here now and see what happens. Cu field overhead, some kind of boundary to my west that appears to be firing convection farther to the north, and dewpoints climbing. Think I'll take my sax out of the case and get in a little practice while waiting for the next update.

If this were real life I'd head for NM but since this is a virtual one I will take a chance on the northern stuff. Gonna continue to sit in Dodge City, KS.

Well I've missed out on quite a few updates (cursed work and time zone differences...) I see some storm clouds brewing north towards Clovis. Not sure I can make those so I'll stick tight and hope upflow triggers some down this way also ;) If I'm seeing things right, I'm right beneath a line of agitated cu so hopefully something will go up in this area. SPC's risk area gives me a lot of confidence that I'm not too far west at the moment.

I'll stick in Roswell for the time being. Last time I was in Clovis, I was nearly killed by food poisoning anyway :p

Jeez, these clouds are being a pain! Ive decided after looking at 18z data that Im going to make the drive to Hutchinson, KS, it looks like theyre at least getting a little clearing with not so bad temp/dewpoint spreads. I can make Hutchinson in about 2 and a half hours, maybe a little less, so target time right now is getting there at around 3:30 PM.

Still holding in Brownfield due to uncertainty about whether the show will be more north or south. Guess I won't really know for sure until it happens.

I like the clearing here in Plains TX and to the west. According to the profiler data it looks as though the better shear environment is in NM, therefore I am heading a bit west to Tatum NM.

Matt, you've got Verne Carlson sitting in both Amarillo and Tatum. That's a pretty neat trick, and I need Verne to show me how he does it since I can see some real advantages to being in two places at once. But just in case it's a mistake: last I knew, Verne made it to Tatum, NM, before I did. You might want to check why you've got an extra Verne sitting up there in Amarillo, and probably delete that icon.

I'm heading west for Morton,Tx;it seems something is moving over here. I still have to understand why dews are not so impressive in the southern part of the MDT Risk area; I'm not convinced about this risk at all.

Back