Canon EOS Rebel vs. D20

Steve's Digicams review says so.
"Shutter speeds: 30 to 1/4,000 seconds, plus Bulb"

You apparently need one of these: Canon Remote Switch RS-60E3 for Elan, Rebel & EOS IX Series Cameras.
B&H has them for $25. The button has a locking feature so your thumb doesn't fall off during a 1 hr exposure.

-Greg

Originally posted by Greg Campbell
Steve's Digicams review says so.
\"Shutter speeds: 30 to 1/4,000 seconds, plus Bulb\"

You apparently need one of these: Canon Remote Switch RS-60E3 for Elan, Rebel & EOS IX Series Cameras.
B&H has them for $25. The button has a locking feature so your thumb doesn't fall off during a 1 hr exposure.

-Greg

Thank you, Greg! Just what I needed to know! :D

The Digital Rebel also has an infrared receiver that allows you to use a wireless remote control to take pictures. This is particularly handy because unlike a cable release, it doesn't require a locking mechanism or timer. Just set the camera to bulb mode, press and release the button on the remote to start taking the picture, then press and release the button again to stop taking.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...ku=12935&is=REG

This is one feature I really wish the 20D had but does not... with the 20D you must buy the more expensive cable release+locking mechanism/timer to take useful bulb exposures.

I have the Digital Rebel with the 18-55mm lens. I love it. So foar since October, I have taken over 2000 pictures with it. My only complaint is on those long exposure night shots, the trees in the foreground always appear red. It doesn't matter what white balance setting I have. I have seen samples online taken with theis camera without red trees. Has anybody else had similar results?

Here is an image outside.
http://www.cloud9tours.com/temp/IMG_1513.JPG

You would say that the red is because of the lighting. The same light with a film camera gives a green tint. No matter where I have taken night pictures, the foreground is red. Even in an open fiels with only hte moon lighting things up. (I can't find that picture right now)

I know I can adjust the colors later, but it would be nice if I didn't have to.

Back