Bad chase year - change of plans for 06?

Yeah Im quiting..
for sale:

Fujitsu p7010 laptop = 1600

Jotto desk = 200

Inverter = 35

gps bluetooth system = 100

ornico card and antenna = 45

Panasonic dvx100a = 3000

Sennheiser shotgun mic with lightwave wind guard = 600

sennheiser wireless system = 500

tripod manfrotto/bogen = 250

monopod manfrotto/bogen = 70

etc, etc, etc

Oh wait a minute i changed my mind. Instead I think ill buy a

*ham radio set up..
*a uniden digital scanner
*Baron wx worx
*Canon 10d/20d
*L glass

misc BS

Wow I guess I need to spend another 5k.

I cant even believe someone would consider quiting this fantastic and life altering hobby. I want to do nothing other. My boss hates me or my hobby I should say. But hey I told him when he hired me. lol

Stay tuned for my documentary.. I have invested 2 yrs into it. hehehhehe I was hoping to have it done in 2007 but now.. 2005 has really F@#$d that up..

Im on the dark side of the moon... And when Im finished.. I will have lived and coninue to live experiences that most other people in life will never know.

as big as 4 inches in diameter and at least 31 tornado reports, I still believe there is hope left for anyone living in the plains/midwest who is having a "bad chase year".

Well, I live outside of the Plains, picked the last two weeks in May 2005 for a chase vacation and saw basically nothing. I do not have the luxury of shifting vacation time at the last minute. For those in my or similar situations, 2005 will go down as the WORST year ever no matter how many June outbreaks.

I am happy that my friends who are still chasing "bagged some tubes" but for me, 2005 sux.

Bill Hark

Bill Hark wrote:
Well, I live outside of the Plains, picked the last two weeks in May 2005 for a chase vacation and saw basically nothing. I do not have the luxury of shifting vacation time at the last minute. For those in my or similar situations, 2005 will go down as the WORST year ever no matter how many June outbreaks.

Solution to Bill Hark and other chasers problems who think this year sucked: Move to the plains/midwest.... :D :lol:

hello

Thats good to hear Adam, just be careful and good luck when 2006 gets here.

I was just wondering how many chasers will change
their plans for next year given this year's poor chasing.
I have spoken with a few chasers who plan to cut back
next year.

I don't plan on changing my plans at all - in fact I'll try to chase even more. Active year or not you increase your chances of missing events the less you go out. Chasers who are willing and able to travel more have seen lots of tornadoes even in years widely regarded as "bad" (like 2000, 2002, and 2005).

Back