9/30/05 NOW: NW TX-SW OK

Brett, that's the same screen shot I posted up, same time sequence and everything...pretty sweet hook, eh? Biggest hail report was 1.75 in, as far as I can see, from the reports...Thought we would at least see 2.00 in hail. Sam, what is the 'Norman Bubble'? A Moderator has an icon of that as well, and when you said it it topped my interest level.

Originally posted by Andrew Khan
Sam, what is the 'Norman Bubble'? A Moderator has an icon of that as well, and when you said it it topped my interest level.

Its just a joke that Norman has the uncanny 'ability' to avoid all significant severe weather events.

Now Moore on the other hand...

Anyway, back on topic. There are still numerous strong/severe thunderstorms across much of C/W Okla with the most intense
located well west of I-35. A quick check of the OG&E site shows ~1000 of their customers without power statewide with more
than 700 of them in the Okarche area (Kingfisher/Canadian line). The threat for significant severe seems to be winding down,
and though I wouldn't rule out a couple more large hail reports, most should be <1.25" .

Sam, OG&E? The strong supercell was over Clay County, and has since then moved some. I would say the Tornado 'potential' is generally gone, there could be however, a spin up or two.

Originally posted by Andrew Khan
Sam, OG&E? The strong supercell was over Clay County, and has since then moved some. I would say the Tornado 'potential' is generally gone, there could be however, a spin up or two.
Oklahoma Gas and Electric

It's a good thing the Norman bubble prevailed, because all the tents set up by tailgaters for tomorrow's game would of taken a beating!! :D

Originally posted by Justin Walker+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Justin Walker)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Andrew Khan
Oklahoma Gas and Electric

It's a good thing the Norman bubble prevailed, because all the tents set up by tailgaters for tomorrow's game would of taken a beating!! :D[/b]

Yes they would have. I'm really anxious to hear the survey..

Back