8/8/07 Now: IL/IA/MN/IN/OH

TORNADO WARNING issued for Kane County, IL! GRLevel3 shows a nice hook on a lake-breeze induced supercell. The storm is a right mover and is headed in my general direction. Tornado is doppler indicated!

Lots of storms out there, barely any lightning going on though. Storms are generally low-topped, but the sup is 55kft.

EDIT:Warning dropped, but I think anything else that fires in the vicinity of the lake-breeze front may accquire brief rotation.

EDIT : 3PM. New TOR in effect for northern Cook, including my area, I'm outside with my camera waiting to take a shot. ;)

Last edited:
funnel cloud reported on I90 uh oh....

EDIT: 309 pm Funnel cloud now in barrington hills, hope it doesn't touch down.

Eddie

Last edited by a moderator:
The supercell appears to be bowing out now. Probably some strong winds as it does so. I am still feeling a little southeasterly inflow here. The shelf, and hopefully, wall cloud are coming into view.:cool:

A very broad and ragged area of slow low-level rotation passed virtually over my head. It was a grungy mess however, and you really couldn't tell if there was a funnel or not. This was definitely a supercell of the HP variety and it was very weak. The wall cloud reminded me of what I saw near Lipscomb, TX earlier in May.

I'll have a few non-discernable pics up later.

Can we update this thread to include NE, KS & MO? A healthy SVR-warned cell seems to be getting its act together in northeast Gage Co., NE, moving into some juicier, more unstable air, riding the boundary. Another cell that's developed to the southeast looks to merge with the main cell shortly near Tecumseh & Syracuse. MLCAPE is through the roof in this area, with Td's approaching 80F along with some low-level shear......that just might allow one of these developing cells to produce.

Rolling into Syracuse right now from the North obviously have to get a little more South for structure but can see some decent towers all around the cell, quite a neat looking anvil blowing to the ENE

Looks like the best move would be to cross the river at Brownville instead of Neb. City, if you're planning on riding it across. The cells looks to be taking more of a easterly direction now. Still has some organizing to do, but the further east it gets, the better the LL shear. I'd pay good money to watch the view from Hwy. 75 N. of Auburn pretty soon.

More isolated cells firing into KS E. of Marysville now. These cells should provide the best show for anyone out there. Looks like a good "Peregrine Gets Lucky" set-up. Any of the KS crew out there?

If there is a Tornado here in Richardson CO it pretty non-chaseable, extremley torential rainfall and very very strong winds, I would guess easily at least 60 mph probably much more, encountered numerous large branches down across Highway in Brownsville area, I-29 had a couple signs blown over and many people parked under Overpasses.

Not out today darn it...storm up in Nodaway Co. MO has had nice couplet and a fairly steady state inflow notch. Looks like it has maintained a HP structure as it moves northeast towards the Iowa stateline. The couplet strengths sure were decent enough to suggest maybe a few brief tornadoes across E. Atchison Co. MO (where a tornado report came in from near Fairfax)...and on into W/N Nodaway Co. MO and now into S. Taylor Co. IA. Looks like the circulations were very tight up against the core.

Back