7/23/05 TALK: WI/MN/IA/MI

I drove up to meet this thing as it crossed into IL. Wow did this thing fall apart fast. Looked great as I was driving into it and then hardly a whimper out of this thing, just a few nice CGs. Very dissapointing.

In sisseton SD now. For anyone who likes spc meso page numbers check them out right now. 60 on the supercell composite. 7500 sbcape. 35 on convergence. But can anything get going...noooooooo. Cin starting to go away. It is damn hot is all I know. Going to drift ese now I think.

Originally posted by Mike Hollingshead
In sisseton SD now. For anyone who likes spc meso page numbers check them out right now. 60 on the supercell composite. 7500 sbcape. 35 on convergence. But can anything get going...noooooooo. Cin starting to go away. It is damn hot is all I know. Going to drift ese now I think.

Those numbers are absolutely incredible! 140 on the Craven Sig. Severe Index, EHI's in excess of 20, WOW! But, then you look at 700MB temps only to find more WAA...

Hey Mike. Im about a half hour south of you near South Shore, SD. Just south of the wind shift line. I think the RUC has been to quick to erase CINH and that the CAP is still quite strong. Certainly looks the case just by looking at the sky. However, as you have seen there has been strong moisture convergence near the shift (45!) right where there is 7500j/kg SBCAPE and both the 21Z RUC and 18z NAM develop convection in this area in the next hour so hopefully this will occur with some explosive development. Otherwise this will just reinforce my opinion I should not chase 16C at 700mb...

-ScottO

Thats a killer sounding right there. Would have made for a nice monster supercell. Thats quite a cap on MPX. Those were ridiclouis temps at 850mb today! I think some records were broken in SE SD with some temps passing 100 farenheit with a 80 Td! I got back here about an hour ago after seeing the soundings coming in. Though I think we were close to breaking the cap with very strong moisture convergence and height falls. I think had it not been for the MCS that moved through and covered the KATY-KABR region with cirrus for nearly four hours that convective tempature might have been reliazed between Sisseton-Watertown.

-ScottO

Back