4/29/22 EVENT: NE/OK/KS

James: The separation was perhaps the most pronounced I have ever seen. What made it especially unusual was the separation existed from the very start of the rotation.

As to Matt's comment about the lack of serious injuries: I believe the forecast and warning system worked very well yesterday.

You might find this to be of interest: Unfortunately, The Forecast Was Correct I'd like to direct your attention to the tornado spinning up in the foreground with the Andover Tornado's supercell in the background.

One thing I noted, the horseshoe updraft with the RFD wrap apparently completed encircled the
mesocyclone/tornado cyclone at one point best I can tell I came across a panoramic shot of
the supercell and the clear shot was all the way around the tornado, but it was still upright and not
fully occluded yet. I don't think I have ever seen that. Is this what actually happned give the tornado was so isolated from the main precip core? I can't locat the panoramic pix in question, but you can
kind of see it here. First and second photo at the top.

Also, does anyone have a 3D volumetric scan of the LP supercell? I saw one that really caught my eye (and again, can't locate it on Twitter!). It basically showed this rather narrow tube (yellow - about 35 dBz) where the mesocyclone was amazingly isolated from any precip around it. The tube stating to arc as it went up and connected sideways into the main precip core to the E. I can't recall a 3D volumetric scan of a tornadc mesocyclone quite like that before.

Back