2/27/11 NOW: OK, KS, MO, AR, TN

Just pushed out 02Z Severe threat areas. Most favored region right now for Tornadic development seems to be shifting to N. AR-S. MO-W. MO. But starting to see some development finally in Southern OK, this area might need refocusing as it pushes into more favorable environments.
http://smartwxmodel.net/usa.gif

On the storm near PittsburgKS. It is now outflow dominant. Temps have gone from 69 to 54 in fifteen minutes.

Storm moving over Caney looks violent. Velocities look impressive as well. Surprised this isn't tor warned to be honest. Storm is moving due east.

There is additional activity building to the NW and SW of the Tulsa Metro area.

the cell just e of shawnee ok is taking a linear shape as due to the mixing from the mcc (squall line) forming southwest of ada ok , but still could call for some attention because it is cut off and closer to the warm front, and mixing with some available shear and moist unstable air as it moves east.
update : MABE....... from what im seeing on radar lately, the mcc south of it just may over run it and choke it off, but well see , LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised noone is still talking about the storm that produced earlier. It is still raging with reports of funnel clouds and baseball sized hail near Buffalo, MO and heading right towards Lebanon (my virtual chase target picked last night). Interesting how it didn't let the cold pool from the surrounding storms cut it off but actually manage to latch onto the northern edge and still work it as the gust front moves east...

Chip

There she goes... I just had to say something...

St. Louis about to get slammed by a bowing segment at the moment as well. Northern bookend vorticy is aimed right at the north metro.

Chip

05Z Smartmodel severe threat, I am seeing couple of high threat areas, one is the NW AR and SE MO this one has been there for the last few runs, looking for potential 65-75KT winds and 1.75" Hail in that area, and still the possibility of tornadoes in that region.
http://smartwxmodel.net/usa.gif

Back