2/23/07 NOW: TX, OK, KS

Im putting my money on the first tornado coming out of the cell near Clarendon. I dont see that cell going much longer before a warning...

V, am checking Storm Relative Velocities and as of yet no sig l.lvl rotation...but looks very healthy and pretty darn sure thats going to change.

If anyone has any links to streaming webcams, chase cams or live streaming TV newscasts where the severe weather is or will be occurring, please post here or PM me. Thanks.

Were both seeing it!!! That cell will be Tor. warned in 15 min. It's not definite rotation but it is there and it is starting to hook.

I dont see any as of yet. GR level 3 is tackin a meso to that cell. But I do not see any rotation as of yet. Kinda hard to figure out given all the shear available.

I still say they're not rooted. LCL's are about 1500m there, and they are getiing really sheared. I don't give them much chance at survival. K, maybe 50%

I still say they're not rooted. LCL's are about 1500m there, and they are getiing really sheared. I don't give them much chance at survival. K, maybe 50%

Bob is right I have noticed that the cell of intrests has split into 2 cells now and actually has decreased in intensity in the last 2 radar loops. If this is the case than perhaps the models have been right all along and the good stuff wont kick in untill later on tonight.

I agree Bob. The Donley county storm had a nice presentation on radar for a brief time, but it looked to become a tad disorganized quickly, I figure from getting sheared apart from the strong 0-3km shear in place in that area now.

I agree Bob, going to have to wait till they get into SW OK. LCL is around 750 there....Storms are still elevated hence the thunderstorm, and not tornado warning...

That middle cell there doesn't look to bad on radar right now. Not looking at a map, but it looks to be south of I-40, just south of the intial cell that went up and is now weakening somewhat. Nice signature on radar at least.

My eyes are probably playing tricks on me, or maybe I'm just too anxious to see it, but the last few radar scans almost indicate the growing tendency for THREE discrete cells. The northernmost cell looks to be doing maybe a cell "merger," while the other two are showing more and more of a nice, tight structure as opposed to being all sheared out as before.

Back