11/27/05 NOW: Central/Eastern Plains

Have a couple cells coming into my country (Crawford) just from the south, watching to see what those do.. appears to be strenghtening somewhat...

I'm nowcasting for Jason Politte and he is somewhere east of Russellville on I-40 blasted east to avoid getting munched by that wrapped-up monster.

The line of storms in AR has now broken up into individual tornado-warned supercells. It may be that even the Conway/Little Rock areas have to look out nearer dark today.

EDIT - Mr. Politte left our hospitality early this morning to get back to his home state for this potential outbreak. What kind of luck is it to be out of state visiting FRIENDS while your home county (practically) is about to get pummelled? I'm glad he got after it out there today....... :)

KR

Definitely impressed by the velocity signatures from the storms in Arkansas. I am amazed to see that what began as a pseudo-squall has emerged as a line of discrete supercells.

I am particulary impressed by the storm in Montgomery Co. The strong mesocyclone indicated by radar appears to be sufficiently strong to support a strong or even violent tornado. I would be very surprised if there isn't a major tornado associated with this storm. Should be interesting to hear the reports from this storm.

Gabe

Have a couple cells coming into my country (Crawford) just from the south, watching to see what those do.. appears to be strenghtening somewhat...

Your supercell seems to weken a little, also at the radial velocity...But I would not surprise if there would be a tornado at the ground...

paulradar.pl
[/url]

ok so i tried, badly, to link an image. Jeff should be deleting this shortly

The cell that came into Crawford Co Kansas fizzled out just as fast as it formed. I decided to watch it from just west of Scammon, nothing impressive.

I spoke with Russel Parsons, who's a ST member, and he observed a tornado up near Erie. Said it had taken a house.

Just came in a few minutes ago from watching the base of the storm now in Crawford county zip on past my parent's house here in Scammon, KS...It seemed a little disorganized -- the base was ragged and there wasn't sign of rotation. Good thing the storm wasn't producing, as it went pretty much directly over Scammon.

Blake Allen

Very nice, isolated supercell just north of Neosho, MO, and has shown a persistant low-level mesocyclone for the past several scans. Very strong low-level shear (350-450m2/s2 0-1km SRH) and some marginal low-level instability (250-500j/kg mixed-layer CAPE) across southwest MO indicates the potential for a strong tornado to easily come out of this storm.

Back