03/08/06 NOW: Central/Southern Plains

Sitting in Round Rock just north of Austin watching this cell fall apart as it approaches. The southern cell near SAT looks pretty nice. Tabor is to the west of me about 7 miles. He's probably hearing a few boomers by now.

A tornado has been reported with the Love county supercell. According to the spotter report, it was located 5 E of Rubottom.

AT 1215 AM CST...LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS REPORTED A TORNADO
ROUGHLY 5 MILES EAST OF RUBOTTOM ALONG HIGHWAY 32...MOVING NORTHEAST
AT 50 MPH.

The supercell is slightly smaller in size now, but still looks potent.

Gabe

Originally posted by Chris Lott
Tornado watch #44 just issued for a large portion oc Central Tx, including Austin. Bill Tabor, you might get some action after all! :D

Yeah we got a nice little shower for awhile. Wind got up pretty good whipping around - very gusty. Really enjoyable. For awhile that cell down west of Bexar county (San Antonio) appeared to have a fairly strong couplet on it. Never T warned though.

Things are chilling now. Oops the weather radio is going off again. So, maybe not.

Anyway about to hit the bed and get some rest. Maybe I can listen to the thunder and watch the lightning off and on while sleeping. I love that stuff.

Originally posted by William Combes
Sitting in Round Rock just north of Austin watching this cell fall apart as it approaches. The southern cell near SAT looks pretty nice. Tabor is to the west of me about 7 miles. He's probably hearing a few boomers by now.

Hey Bill, good to see you on ST. Yep, enjoying the action...

Just had a nice, severe-warned cell move right through Central Austin. Watched it from my front porch, with absolutely no view whatsoever. Several close CG's though.

I had to back out of my chase plans for Wednesday and Thursday's action because of some cold/flu bug, so am happy I at least got to hear some up close thunder.

Hopefully, I'll be recovered for the next system in a few days.

TonyC

Back