03/08/06 NOW: Central/Southern Plains

Olney Texas fire department has reported baseball size hail with the cell moving towards Windthorst Texas. Should go just South of Windthorst. The largest hail anyways. Megargel Texas has reported nickels covering the ground. I guess we know why there was a tornado watch now :).

Looks like that Windthorst cell has split.

No LL Meso's showing up for now moving into OK in my quick browse around, thankfully. Hail looks to be large though.....

AND ITS RAINING IN VELMA!

Looks like a line is trying to form in Central Tx (in my area anyway). About 30 minutes ago storms erupted from Lake Whitney to just west of Waco southward to Killeen. Nothing severe at the moment, and storms seem to be moving fast to the NE. Storms are starting to stretch to the DFW area in this line that seems to be trying to form.

That cell in LeFlore County, Ok is looking like it is going to try something real soon.

Edit: Well speak of the devil. If I were in Mena and Danville, Ar, I would be heading under ground.

Clay county storm has some wicked low level shear. Not to much depth but has persisted for 2 scans now. Should be warned soon.

New Tornado Watch just issued for central Texas along the I-35 corridor southward towards Austin.......

Mesoscale discussion 0200 issued from SPC. Seems the threat of large hail is increasing ahead of the jet max heading out of the big bend. Winds had died down here earlier today, but shortly after dark they quickly jumped back up. Also had a dewpoint of around 57, which has increased now into the low 60's, and still sitting at a temp of 71 at 11:30. This could get nasty before it's all over with.

FINALLY a tornado warning on the Clay cell. It's had 70+kts of G2G for at least two scans now.

EDIT: Storm is taking turn to the right. *252

Is it just me, or has the NWS Radar server (Ridge) quit updating? I;m looking at KEWX, KSRX, and KFWS and seeing the same problem with all sites. I've cleared my cache, but still the same.

Correction, they are updating, but the data is 30 minutes behind.

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/

TonyC

Tornado watch #44 just issued for a large portion oc Central Tx, including Austin. Bill Tabor, you might get some action after all! :D

100kts G2G on Clay County Storm. Southen area of rotation moved Southern rotation moved just south of Bellevue. Now tornado warning issued for northern area of rotation which has strengthend and shows some depth, 90kts G2G. Original warning took about 9 minutes and was issued from Norman.

EDIT: Southern rotation showing up again, looks like this supercell is a dual producer.

Back