Winter SDS Chaser Gathering - FEBRUARY 13th

Shane Adams

From Rocky Rascovich.... (thanks for the Sticky)

Saturday Feb 12th... 1pm to whenever is the official date...a couple folks said that would be the better date AND most importantly, my son' Leif's belated birthday bash (Just turned 13!!!) will be on the Saturday
before then. I'm surmising this will be a limited turnout, however if I can
manage to get back on Stormtrack (4th time in somehow being extricated
from the message boards) I'll announce it there as well.

I'll supply the food.. i.e burgers, hot dogs and whatever, depending on
how many confirm on showing will decide if I ask for a "donation" of at
least a few bucks. Bring a video if you like, Also, I have a few copies
of my Roaring 90's trilogy left...if anyone is interested, I'll gladly trade if I don't already have a tape or two from you yet. Due to my wife and kids who will likely be present, keep the alcohol or other intoxicating
substances out of sight.

Based on the latest GFS run, we'll be coming out of another chill down,
so if snow/ice should be a concern, this may need to be delayed ontil the
weekend after the Denver conference.

Please RSVP ([email protected]) by Thursday Feb 10th so I'll know how much food to buy. Looking forward in keeping the tradition alive..besides, it sure alleviates these winter doldrums in these southern climes.

Peace Rocky&family

The weekend after the National Convention in Denver is the TESSA Conference in Arliington, Texas........Saturday, February 26th, 2005.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!
Tom-T.
Fort Worth

Update from Rocky Rascovich...

My wife just informed me that my daughter Amber may have a championship basketball game on Saturday Feb 12th, which would preclude me from having the get together that day....however, if her team loses the Thursday or Friday before, then there will be no game on Saturday and the picnic can go on...I'm just wondering, to be on the safe side, how about we move it to the next day Sunday Feb. 13th.... 2pm ontil whenever?, would that be any better?? Let me know. Also, it will be interesting to see if the GFS pans out for that weekend...could actually be a slight potential for some svr wx Sat. or Sunday of that weekend, here are the latest runs from the GFS:

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/an...fs_slp_324l.gif

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/an...fs_ten_336l.gif

Email me ([email protected]) on ideas on what to do about the possible change of the chaser get together to Sunday Feb 13th 2pm. One more thing, I neglected to remember about the Feb 26th date being the TESSA meeting, so if this doesn't work out the weekend of the 12th...then we'll just have to chomp at the bit ontil the big chaser hodown in May or early June!

Rocky&family

Great idea stickying this....

We just heard on the answerphone from Rocky this evening (Monday 31st Jan), and he said that it looks like this get-together will definitely be scheduled for Sunday February 13th.

I don't know if anybody else has heard that from him - but just wanted to add that.

Man, I had so much fun today!!! I didn't want to leave, lol.

Thanks Rocky, Dee, Amber, and Leif for having us all over yet again and creating a wonderful spread, including salmon. Was just a fantastic day, seeing friends don't get to see very often. Conversations were excellent.

The videos were of course awesome, but I enjoyed hanging out with everyone most of all.

Back