What a depressing weather!

Karen,

You're in the Conway area, right? I remember those dreary days. I spent three years in Cabot. Nothing like low, gray skies with days-long rain and temps hovering around 40 F. Hopefully you'll get another nice tube on "the other prairie" (eastern Arkansas) this spring to help you forget.

Paul,

Yeah - Conway is where I'm at. Cabot's not very far ESE from here - that's cool you used to live nearby. The winter here is markedly different than the winters I have experienced in this country so far......with many days of cool rain soaking the countryside with 2" or more of the wet stuff - rather than dry inland hurricanes bringing dust storms and below-freezing dry temps. I'd take the winter here in AR over the dust storms anyday. In a way it's kinda nice as it does make you appreciate it a bit more when the sun's out! :p

Another April 2nd? Sure......I'd love it. But I'm not counting on it. We were persistent......and lucky.

KL

The purpose of winter is to make us appreciate spring. The purpose of week-long stratus decks is to make us appreciate clear skies. Bring on winter! Without it we would get sick of spring/summer and its storms. Perpetual May would be nice for about five months, then I'd have to find a new hobby!
Couldn't have said it better myself...and I am really appreciating spring right now so could we hurry it up and get it here already? :eek:

Back