What a depressing weather!

Well, I caught this just a moments ago on my weather cam... It can't be more depressing. No snow, grey and dark! I can't even read inside without switching on the lights.

Well, weather is going to get worse, a storm is expected to hit us on 31 December-01 January. Honestly, since Christmas are over, I don't even care if snow returns. OK, Now I wish the spring would come.

Currently temperature 35,4 degrees Fahrenheit.

Attachments

• masendavilm.jpg
    masendavilm.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by a moderator:
Tarmo -

Your post echoes just the type of day that we are having here, too! Actually - the ceilings in your photograph there look quite a lot higher than ours - so count yourself lucky!

Central Arkansas got slammed today with 2-3 inches of rain in some places! Our back garden is a swimming pool, our driveway is a random collection of gravel floating amidst pools of standing water and I am expecting to look out and see some ducks floating past any minute now. Niiiice...

Hurry up May.......:cool:

KL

Glad I'm not the only one getting to enjoy this lovely weather.

It's been raining almost non-stop since last night. We need it, but it sucks. At least it was about 60 here today, so it wasn't one of those very cold and rainy days.

Now it goes stormy too. I just heard from my favourite Radio Station, Radio Köln in Germany that Germany is having / has had hurricane force gusts... I guess this is the system what arrives here tomorrow. We had some rough winds yesterday evening too...

Estonian Meteorological and Hydrological Institute has now issued storm warning for whole Estonia. Winds expected to reach 50-55 miles per hour at the islands. Water Systems Institute forecasts water level rise.

It's pretty dark and grey here in Chicago too. One interesting thing is the decent threat of thunderstorms later. In fact SPC has much of northeast and central IL in a 5% marginal hail risk. It feels like early March when it is only New Year's Eve.

Not real depressing here. Weather is more like it should be in March of April with temps in the 60s and a muggy feel outside. Skies are clearing and a cu field is forming to my southwest with a 5% outlook for hail from the SPC. I'm sitting here pondering going out for a local chase on New Years Eve, can't beat that.

Tarmo,

You got some snow! That automatically means you are better off than us here in central AR as all we have had so far this winter is dark days with heavy rain.

Fortunately, over the New Year Holiday our weather eased up after our 2" of rainfall on Saturday. Both Sunday and Monday (today) were very dry, breezy, cool and cloudless with a bright blue sky and plenty of sunshine.

There is little heat in the sun these days. It reminds me why I don't like winter after the shortest day reaches us. It is so dark and so cold sometimes. I long for the scent of tree blossoms carried on a moist, lukewarm spring rain.

Somebody remind me of this post when I am pi*sing and moaning about summer this July! ;)

KL

Last edited by a moderator:
The purpose of winter is to make us appreciate spring. The purpose of week-long stratus decks is to make us appreciate clear skies. Bring on winter! Without it we would get sick of spring/summer and its storms. Perpetual May would be nice for about five months, then I'd have to find a new hobby!

The purpose of winter is to make us appreciate spring.

Not here. The concept of seasons changing doesn't hardly exist where I live. We're looking at temps near 80 F later this week. This year's been a little different, though. We actually saw snow flurries as far south as Orlando earlier this year!

Karen,

You're in the Conway area, right? I remember those dreary days. I spent three years in Cabot. Nothing like low, gray skies with days-long rain and temps hovering around 40 F. Hopefully you'll get another nice tube on "the other prairie" (eastern Arkansas) this spring to help you forget.

The purpose of winter is to make us appreciate spring. The purpose of week-long stratus decks is to make us appreciate clear skies. Bring on winter! Without it we would get sick of spring/summer and its storms. Perpetual May would be nice for about five months, then I'd have to find a new hobby!

Excellent point, I live by this motto regularly.

Tarno, your photo reminds of Vermont in the spring. The snow has melted, there is mud everywhere, lots of low clouds, fog, and no green. I insensitively refer to it as Chechnya or Serbia.

Is it typically sunny in Estonia in the winter or are clouds pretty much normal? I know that it pretty much snows everyday in Moscow during the winter.

Low pressure areas dominate here at the winter so cloudy days are usual. In November 2003, as far as I know, there was only one clear day, which was 8 November, if I remember correctly. When highs move in at winter, then they can bring some chilly cold waves.

Back