Want to make DVDs?

Kurt you posted about the same time I did. Thanks for the link, will check it out.

As it's been stated earier Vegas is rather expensive. There is a scaled back version that can be found for $100 or so, call Vegas Movie Studio. I've been using this for about a year now, and find it real easy to use and workd very well with capturing form a DV camera, editing and burning DVD's. I've never used the full Vegas software, so I don't know what is not included in the studio version, but it has everthing that I need. I recomend it to anyone who is interested.

-Adam

Originally posted by Adam Ball
As it's been stated earier Vegas is rather expensive. There is a scaled back version that can be found for $100 or so, call Vegas Movie Studio. I've been using this for about a year now, and find it real easy to use and workd very well with capturing form a DV camera, editing and burning DVD's. I've never used the full Vegas software, so I don't know what is not included in the studio version, but it has everthing that I need. I recomend it to anyone who is interested.

-Adam

Adam is right. There is a scaled down version. this will work well for most chasers. Part of the problem i think for me and my project is the licensing of the product.. For home use only and also the fact you can only have three layers at a time. quite limiting for lots of compositing and advanced audio work.

I think the important thing to read into Adams post though is.. its simplicity of use. When you package that with a full feature tool set for video and audio as well as robustness and a one stop solution for video editing, audio and DVD output.. its really hard to beat.

Re: Seriously, consider a Mac Mini...

Originally posted by Darren Addy
If you are into video editing and DVD burning, and have a basic PC system now, you should seriously consider a Mac Mini. At $499, you use your existing monitor, mouse and keyboard. Add the SuperDrive for $100 to have DVD and CD burning capability. It includes the iLife suite, which includes iMovie HD (which is a wonderfully powerful and easy to use video editing environment) and iDVD 5 which makes burning DVDs cake. If you want more than iMovie in the way of video editing, consider Final Cut Express, the little sister of Final Cut Pro (used by Hollywood). Frankly, I think few of us will ever use all of the capabilities in iMovie, let alone the others.

If you can wait until the end of the month you should be able to order it with Apple's new \"Tiger\" OS X system software, which will be the cat's meow. (Sorry 'bout that one).

Darren Addy
Apple Evangelist :p
Kearney, NE

Ditto :D

Back