VIDEO OF IOWA TORNADO

Good lord, excellent snag. Congrats to them. And they came all the way up here for this one chase? They weren't up here already for something else? Impressive video and decision to chase from Houston. I'm wondering if that night tornado is from their same storm or did they drop down and catch the Woodward one?

Just read the words on the site about the chase decision, so nm.

On a side note I REALLY wonder what is going to happen on Tuesday if the ETA is right. Maybe blizzard conditions where these tornadoes were and another possible severe event for IN, IL? Need instability progs to change a bit I guess.

Mike - I decided it was worth the risk to drive up to Norman Friday after work and see where the best area would be. I knew it was very conditional but I also knew if it panned out I would have a good chance of seeing a tornado. Mark and I took the risk and drove to Iowa and it payed off bigtime. The coolest part for me is this was my first tornado day this season (limited chase opportunities for me this year). I made it back in time for work today (Monday) here in Houston.

Back