VIDEO OF IOWA TORNADO

That is unbelievable video! Stunning view of a tornado...the fellow taking footage couldn't have been further than 75 yards from the edge of the condensation funnel! :shock: That ranks up there with the most impressive tornado video I have ever seen. Damage looked to be in the F1-F2 range from what I could see from the videographers informal damage survey.

Gabe

After reading Gabe's description I thought there may be another video. And there was and WOW! That is some incredible footage.

WOW. The tornado missed him by what looks like no more than two houses -- I agree with Gabe that this is way up there on the list of most impressive footage I've ever seen. Very lucky that no fatalities occurred with such rapid storm motion.

Is there more than one video? I can only find one link that works, and it shows a video of a grayish-white stovepipe tornado occasionally backlit by lightning. A cool video, but not quite as close as it sounds like from what you are saying (the videographer zooms in on the tornado at the start).

On a related note, didn't the ISU campus in Ames get hit by another tornado earlier this year?

Interesting,

The guy filming the second piece of footage from Woodward Iowa seemed to have a fair amount of knowledge. He only took cover for the minimum amount of time, and as soon as it had passed, he jumped out of the house to film it again. I was quite impressed.

It was terrible to see the damage he filmed, too, with the lady in her house. That made me remember just how fleetingly devastating these phenomena are.

KR

AMAZING

I could not stop replaying that -- that ranks in the top 5 of best tornado footage I have ever seen. Absolutely incredible footage! All I can say is WOW!!!!!

The ISU cams also caught a tornado very near to the campus itself check it out...these images are in chronological
order beginning at 458PM CST and every minute after that.
SAMI4_200511122258.jpg

SAMI4_200511122259.jpg

SAMI4_200511122300.jpg

SAMI4_200511122301.jpg

SAMI4_200511122302.jpg

The source is http://www.schoolnet8.com/camera/

"the video is proof you cant expect local air raid sirens to give you enough warning"

Not sure I understand...

Back