Trade/Sale: "Storm Lapse" DVD/Blu-ray

Great stuff Skip. I really enjoyed watching every minute of this gem. It's totally a must see for anyone who hasn't gotten a chance to watch it. There was a problem with the Bluray disk though. It wont play the last half of the Minnesota footage along with a few other of the later chapters.

Argh, the last half of the 6/17 chapter is probably the best part of the entire disc. I definitely want to hear about issues with playback, and will be happy to try and burn off a new copy with a different brand of media and/or encoding format. Its very difficult if not impossible ensuring that DVD-R and BD-R discs play on every player. Some of the set top players are especially picky. The fact that its having trouble near the end of the disc leads me to believe that the player might be having trouble keeping up with the bit rate. The laser has to travel farther to read the same amount of data as it gets further from center (later in the video) and some players can't keep up sometimes. Sean, PM or email the make and model of your blu-ray player and what the behavior is (stuttering, freezing, etc) and I'll see if I can burn you off a copy that works.

Thanks for trading for and buying this DVD, everyone. It means a lot and I hope you continue to enjoy your hard copies. The discs I have are gathering dust here now though, and instead of letting the production be forgotten, I've decided to upload it to YouTube for all to see. I'll release a chapter every week, a version with just music, and one with commentary. I've posted the first two chapters already, with more to come. Here's a link to watch the commentated and musical version:
http://skip.cc/chase/stormlapse/

Enjoy!

I just finished uploading the last chapter to YouTube. Hope you guys have enjoyed the narrated storm videos I've been posting. This is the last one from the "Storm Lapse" DVD. I used to sell these, and still have a few copies laying around. I figured I'd give the rest of them away, so here's the deal: buy the Storm Assist charity DVD today or tomorrow (January 6 through January 7, 2013) and I'll ship you out a copy of "Storm Lapse 2012" for free. Yeah, you can just watch "Storm Lapse" for free on YouTube, but when you buy the Storm Assist DVD, you're donating to charity, and you're getting two nicely packaged DVD's for the price of one. It's a pretty good deal. Just follow this link, click buy, and I'll email you a confirmation that I'm sending two discs your way. Thanks for watching!
http://stormassist.org/buy-dvd/

Watch video >

Back