Trade/Sale: "Storm Lapse" DVD/Blu-ray

I think Skip's "Storm-Lapse" is an excellent learning format for all weather enthusiast. He includes incredible tornado
footage but more importantly he shows the big picture of a storm's evolution that most people fail to see. From
watching this video one realizes how much can go un-noticed during a chase. Perfect example is during one chase
he states he did not see the reported tornado, but upon reviewing the video he finds he's captured the tornado. Skip shows
the value in what can be learned in post when watching a storms complete evolution. Skip's commentary adds the necessary
background for each chase and highlights storm features as well as chase strategies. Excellent presentation Skip, a truly unique
storm video perspective.
Loved the Blu-ray and the cat, Thanks Skip!

It's hard to say more than what has already been said but let me put it this way. I own a hundred or so chaser-produced videos going back well over a decade and there IS NOTHING ELSE LIKE THIS out there. Outside the box (and DVD) for sure. I really like the commentary option Skip out on this. Background music on a production only goes so far but I found it far more interesting (and amusing at times) to hear his thoughts as to what was going on with the chase. For the noobs, this production is an excellent investment choice as you get to see how a storm morphs/cycles and you have Skip right there telling you what is going on.

Double kudos on this one Skip. You definitely have raised the bar!

Just ordered my bluray today! I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited about seeing this production. Thanks for sharing this with us Skip!

Whoops, I watched this a week or so ago and completely forgot about this thread. I'm pretty much in agreement with what has been posted so far. The commentary is what makes this disc. Yes, the time lapse is a unique look and lets you see things you normally don't in real time. Don't get me wrong, the time lapse footage in this video is incredible. It alone probably would have it near the top of my list, but the commentary pushes it to the top.

For someone like myself, who learns quick but has limited field experience, hearing what someone was seeing and thinking while in the field, or even pointing out and explaining processes going on that might be lost on some is invaluable as a learning tool. Both Minnesota Mayhem and Storm Lapse provided the commentary option that is something I hope more people do in the future, it makes it well worth the price.

Excellent work, Skip!

Just ordered mine... I'm pretty excited. I've always enjoyed watching your footage and seeing your pics Skip so I can't wait for this DVD!

I really enjoyed what I saw here, I could watch 1:43 to 1:46 of this dvd and never think twice after an hour had elapsed watching that same bit of video. There are several different things in here to take away and although, Skip has a commentary version, he has a tunes version, the DVD being time lapsed like this is a completely unique perspective seeing everything go blowing by in super warp speed is pretty intense. The driving scenes are even intense when theres no storms because you can pretend your driving a rally car :) good stuff Skip, Thanks for trading with me.

Good day all,

I just traded mine for Skip's ... His work is awesome for Time-Lapse (my favorite is such photography), and I can't wait to get mine ;-)

Short and simple review here...

Sweet Sweet Sweet!

Really enjoyed the commentary too! Not just tornadoes in this DVD, you get some amazing structure, cloud formations, and overall storm cycles...

I would highly reccomend this to any weather enthusiast! The time lapse factor really provides a valuable angle to learn from and observe!

Good day all,

This is a must have DVD.

Skip did an incredible job putting this together. Supercell evolution at it's finest!

This project has scientific value as well.

Keep up the good work,

Chris C - Sky-Chaser.com

One of the things I enjoy about real chaser videos is individual style. One who has carved his own niche is Skip Talbot. He developed a unique mode of capture with the rooftop bubble cam. He then presents the entire storm, indeed the entire season in compressed form with the use of time-lapse.

As a viewer I quickly developed an appreciation for Skip's style of scampering around supercells. You have to pay attention because if you blink you'll miss something. Skip narrates his video and sometimes it becomes necessary to do this at a blistering pace. His dialogue is a nice blend of personality and meteorology. His comments are educational and engaging. Storm coverage is comprehensive giving the audience a complete sense of what is taking place.

My favorite chapter was the Minnesota tornado outbreak from Kiester to Albert Lea. I was on the same storm and from Skips rooftop get to see it from a new vantage. His imagery of that storm is gorgeous!

I find time-lapse instructive. I use it in my own work. I always learn something when I watch storm evolution in compressed form. I'll watch Skip's video over and over.

Great stuff Skip. I really enjoyed watching every minute of this gem. It's totally a must see for anyone who hasn't gotten a chance to watch it. There was a problem with the Bluray disk though. It wont play the last half of the Minnesota footage along with a few other of the later chapters.

Back