Tornadoes of 2005

Originally posted by David Drummond

That was a crazy storm. The tornado in my avatar was the first tornado of the storm. Danced around like with Wizard of Oz tornado before heading off east. The second one, the wedge, in Floyd county was monsterous! Most definitely in one of my top chase days of the year, of several years in fact.

Yes SIR it was. I was on the ass end of that HP beast from it's infancy. I must not of been too far behind you in that photo. Just wish the big'un had been more photo friendly. Same applies for May 12th in Ralls, Tx.

Hopin for a caprock encore this year,,

yeehaw!!1

Yeah, I don't see 2005 as a bad year or a tough year. In fact it was probably my best and easiest year as I hardly made many drives out of state. My ratio of number of chases to number of tornadoes bagged is very low. I think last count I conservatively counted 19 torns and probably only about 6 chases - but would have to verify.

Originally posted by David Drummond+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David Drummond)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-B Doss
Petersburg, Floydada TX 6/9.

The Floyd County wedge was a a long lived beast. Low contrast at times, didn't seem many were able to witness it in it's maturity.

6/11, 6/12 too - hell of a week!

That was a crazy storm. The tornado in my avatar was the first tornado of the storm. Danced around like with Wizard of Oz tornado before heading off east. The second one, the wedge, in Floyd county was monsterous! Most definitely in one of my top chase days of the year, of several years in fact.[/b]

Yes, I regret that obligations prevented me from being able to make the storm at that time. I no doubt missed a lot and probably one of the best storms of the year - as this is probably underrated. I was at least able to catch up to it and night for an incredible lightning show south of Dickens, I also go the consolation night time landspout.

Back