Tornado or inflow tail?new pics of the meso..

Ok, given the new pics and the video, this is what I think....

The last pic posted indeed appears to be a wall cloud and the structure above does lend some supercell characteristics. Watching the evolution of the video, if the cuts are sequential, appears that either A) the downdraft/precip area went over the photographers location obscuring the view of the updraft, or B) storm went outflow dominant and blew itself out over the photogs location.

The previously posted photos, when were they taken and in what location in relation to that video? They don't seem to be from the same location. Also, are there any radar loops available from the event? Not sure what the radar archiving capabilities are over there.

Not picking on you Andrea, I do this sometimes for some events I was there for and not entirely sure what I saw.

Ok, given the new pics and the video, this is what I think....

The last pic posted indeed appears to be a wall cloud and the structure above does lend some supercell characteristics. Watching the evolution of the video, if the cuts are sequential, appears that either A) the downdraft/precip area went over the photographers location obscuring the view of the updraft, or B) storm went outflow dominant and blew itself out over the photogs location.

The previously posted photos, when were they taken and in what location in relation to that video? They don't seem to be from the same location. Also, are there any radar loops available from the event? Not sure what the radar archiving capabilities are over there.

Not picking on you Andrea, I do this sometimes for some events I was there for and not entirely sure what I saw.

David,
The last image I posted before is captured from the video you've just seen.
Obviously the first picture I posted at the beginning of the thread belongs to another photographer and is taken in another position.

About radar images I can garantee that this cell hooked up at least 25 minutes and I was too much surprised. I couldn't save radar images because on the site where I saw them, you' cannot do it (I don' know why). anyway you've to trust me because I'm very interested in radar and in Italy it's not so common as USA to have a supercell with an hook echo. For this reason if this happens I'm the first italian citizen that understands :wink:

Hi Andrea!
I've been in Mexico on business, so I didn't get to view the last photo you inserted until this morning (Thurs. 7-7). In fact, there was no picture available......just a little red cross in a small box that showed where the picture was originally there. Did you remove it??
Obviously, this storm in Italy was quite powerful. I appreciate you keeping us in the USA up to date on it.
By the way.....any photos of you on your website....just so I can picture a face when I read your posts?? Thanks Joel

Originally posted by joel ewing
Hi Andrea!
I've been in Mexico on business, so I didn't get to view the last photo you inserted until this morning (Thurs. 7-7). In fact, there was no picture available......just a little red cross in a small box that showed where the picture was originally there. Did you remove it??
Obviously, this storm in Italy was quite powerful. I appreciate you keeping us in the USA up to date on it.
By the way.....any photos of you on your website....just so I can picture a face when I read your posts?? Thanks Joel

Hi Joel
Anyway this is the link with the photo of the supercell tructure:

http://www.starrylink.it/portale/repmeteo/...605/index3.html

If you want to see a photo with me to imagine my face I post this one during may the 13th truscott supercell near the doppler on wheels :wink: :

CRW_0375.JPG

Back