Tornado Climatology, Frequency, and Home Base

Thanks

Hmmm. interesting stuff. Never would have thought their crime rates would be substantially high. Strange. Something to think about. Perhaps Ottawa then? lol

Wrong place wrong time

Oy Veh,

What I wouldn't give to be in Emporia / Ottawa area tomorrow (03/23/09).

Why again am I still stuck here in Olympia?

Oh yeah, nevermind.

It's gonna be a long year watching this from afar.

SDS... I has it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Great Bend, Kansas. I have not got to do much chasing more spotting as a Law Enforcement officer and seem to be on duty when all the good storms were hitting in Kansas or within range of getting into. It is not bad other then not real crazy about the town anymore. Hays, McPherson, Hutchinson, Newton and Dodge City are all good choices as well. I think if I can get moved out of Great Bend I would go to Hays or Hutchinson or Newton. I have lived in Kansas all my life and want to move out of this state but got to love the weather here.

at least

At least you have the weather!

Right now I'm being stuck in Centralia, WA as my house is on the market in Olympia & I'm stuck in the middle of divorce. This town is lame, very high crime, and the weather is the absolute most boring on the planet.

Mediterranean type climate - never too hot in summer, never cold in winter, always rain, rain, rain, rain.... and I have only seen one lightning strike in the last 18 months...

Last time I saw a tornado round here (or anything else severe for that matter) was January 2006 (Lacey).

Thanks for the info. Every little tidbit helps.... Sometimes it's not always "How good is this area", sometimes it's how "not as good" others are.

...and where I am now - not as good.

Back