The First Fluffy of the Season in the Atlantic

There is a "Richard" on the list this season, but I am not holding out a lot of hope of getting that far.

It's a natural progression - Fluffy to Depression to Tropical Storm to Hurricane. Fluffy can never be used to name a cane, anymore than "depression" or "tropical storm". :!:

I myself cannot wait for hurricane season to kick into high gear. gonna get me a hurricane tracking map and start tracking the 'canes as they come and go. A hurricane chase is something I'd love to do but it's just too difficult to do when you gotta work and you dont know where there will be one so you can take off a week or so to go to wherever it hits. I'll just have to record it on CNN and TWlessC, especially if its a category 3-5 making landfall. :D

Himicanes

It's only been recently that they even started using men's names for these storms. Why not start with the common household pet names? I for one wouldn't be as concerned about Fluffy hitting the coast as I would Butch, or Killer or even Bear.

Re: Fluffy a CAT-5??

Originally posted by Larry J. Kosch
sweep its way thru the Carribean and the Gulf of Mexico then make landfall in New Orleans? Then it plows right thru the Midwest as a tropical storm and eventually die out somewhere around Toronto, CA??

Didn't Gilbert do something like that in early October 1988? I think it hit Texas/Mexico and tracked into the Midwest where it reversed the record drought conditions for some areas. I seem to remember 5 straight days of heavy rain and severe thunderstorms up here near Chicago after Gilbert's moisture moved in.

Back