Tennessee Hooker

Now that I have your attention.... Since this is a REAL name for a weather system (sister to Alberta Clipper), does anybody in the NWS or on TV in the TN Valley use this term regularly for the more southern moving clippers?

Edit: I guess they are also referred to as Texas Hooker.

Texas Hooker (from NWS Glossary):
Same as Panhandle Hook - low pressure systems that originate in the panhandle region of Texas and Oklahoma which initially move east and then "hook" or recurve more northeast toward the upper Midwest or Great Lakes region. In winter, these systems usually deposit heavy snows north of their surface track. Thunderstorms may be found south of the track.

The Texas Hooker - One of my favorites! :lol:

Texas Hookers and Gulf Lows tend to bring us the heaviest snows here in the Great Lakes. A prime example would be the Blizzard of 1999, which started out as two seperate systems (northern and southern stream), which phased into a strong "Texas Hooker".

God I love winter :D

I'm rather fond of Oklahoma hookers....who knows if they use the term down that way? They do look rather good though...on satellite that is 8)

Pat

I've never heard of the Tennessee hooker.

I do love Texas hookers. It's been awhile since I've had, I mean we've had, one come through this area.....

8)

Amazing how the Okahoma Hookers always track down SW 44th & Robinson.

Back