Spotter Network Training / Exam in Open Beta

The training module and subsequent test were both very well-done. Hopefully this will go a long way towards reducing lower quality reports.

Whoo who!! I passed. I got one wrong. It was a nice refresher since i did not go to a Skywarn class this year, did not have time. Good tool for beginners and a nice way to try and keep inaccurate reports from occurring.

How long does it take to get the e-mail? I got a message it had been sent but it is not in my inbox yet. This is a very good idea btw :)

It took me three times to pass it, the questions werent even all that hard. I was worried that they would be. Im glad i took it. Funny though, it also took me three times to get my drivers license...lol

The training was pretty good. It was helpful for this newbie. I missed one the first time I took the test. Have to look very close at some of the videos...

Got it done! The wind question got me though :( Just wasn't paying enough attention. Great job guys for putting this together! Hope this helps with the reports.

I did pretty good on my first attempt. I only had 3 wrong. The first video I did not notice the condensation funnel on the ground but I did the second time I took the test. I recieved 100% correct on my second try. Nice spotter training program :)

I thought the material was a bit long for the purpose of becoming an authorized spotter, but it was an excellent collection of material. All people should check this out regardless. The graphs and animations are excellent!

Very well put together.
The only confusing part during the test was the buttons to save or save all annd submit. I think it should automatically save when you go to the next page. (Maybe it does).

Anyway. I passed 100% !!!!!

Just signed up, looks great! I'll be taking the course when I have more time. Thanks!!

Thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to learn some more weather information. This course was presented in a logical manner and the visuals were very good. These folks put a lot of work into the product. I was a little more concerned about passing than what I should have been but that helped keep the study focused.

I thought by keeping this thread active and 'bumping' it up every so often, a few more folks might spot it and give the training a try.

I really liked it. I thought the information was presented really well. I think the best part is the exam. Forced me to focus on all the info, not knowing what as on the exam.

I guess one wrong passes :) . I also think the test was very good and not a wrote derivation from the material. The video id's were pretty subtle on the small laptop monitor I was using. It's a good idea that SN is doing this to keep the report quality high. Good work, Tyler et al!

I did this test myself for the first time and i must say it is very well done. The Spotter Network along with espotter are the 2 good services to use. I believe this is a good thing to do to prevent un needed storm reports.

Thought I would 'bump' this to the top of the pile one more time.

Many folks are killing time waiting for the advent of something to chase. The course is not complicated and it's a good refresher even for the advanced folks. This would give you and a chase partner something to talk about besides whose turn it was to go to Allsups for the next round of burritos and sodas. Also give the rabbits a rest from having rocks thrown at them.

And it's no longer in beta or optional :)

If you don't take the training class and pass the exam at the end by June 1, you won't be allowed to submit reports at the Spotter Network.

I will remind all that you must register on the test site with the SAME email you registered on SN with...

I was a dummy and did not and was wondering why it showed I still needed to take the test...I have now changed my email and hope it gets updated soon. BTW, it is a excellent review and well thought out.

Thanks for doing this TA!

Back