SPC Updates Mesoscale Discussion Layout.

I like the new graphics, but I wonder if it has anything to do with why I've been unable to load them on the SPC mobile site on my Android phone recently, including on my March 31 chase. They always just say "MD has not been issued yet" even though it clearly has, otherwise it would not be on the list of active MDs.

@Andy Wehrle
I've been getting that lately in both my weather app (wX), and on the SPC's normal website on a computer.
I guess I just happened to click the link too soon before it actually existed. (I can understand maybe with an app, but why SPC puts the link up on their own site before its ready is beyond me)

---
With the new discussions, the graphics still don't ever show in wX (I'm guessing its looking for something that now no longer exists), but the text part will (gotta be patient & wait a bit after its been posted though...)

When looking using a browser on the computer, I admit that I do like the new layout. Even saw one with little hodographs recently, I've never seen that before! (I saved that graphic .lol. )

@James K - I had the same issue with wX not showing the graphics, but I believe it was updated or resolved. I get the graphics now and I think it looks cleaner. I'm using Android if that helps.

I'm Android as well. (and windows when on the computer)
I tried looking at one one today, & the graphics still don't show in wX.
I may have to see if there is an updated version out at some point (I installed it manually, which also means it won't auto-update when a new ver is out)

Back