• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Mobile-friendly NWS/NOAA discussions?

Does anyone know of a site that you can read NWS/NOAA discussion text (SPC, NHC, local WFO, etc) in a mobile-friendly format? In other words, text that fits the browser window without having to sideways-swipe back and forth to read on a smartphone?

It’s such a simple thing to do html-wise but has never been implemented anywhere that I’ve seen, not even on the COD Kamala page.

I hate to sound like a broken record as I've mentioned this several times elsewhere, but I can't help but promote the app Wx (wXL23 for IOS) since it's so convenient. I know you were asking for a site, but it definitely fits the bill for quick info in a mobile friendly format. You can view all the discussions you mentioned, with the graphics to go with them. I also like having the mesoscale and precipitation discussions come through as a notification when they get issued, so I can stay on top of what's going on, even if I'm preoccupied with something else. It takes a little time to customize it to your liking, but it's saved me a ton of effort in having so much data in a one stop shop. As for an actual website, I can't think of any that fits what you're looking for that doesn't require zooming in to actually read the print.

Back