Snow cover update

Well, a week or two ago, it seemed like the northern half of the country was buried under the white stuff. Even as far south as OK and TN. With the pattern changing to a warmer regime, how much snow have you lost?

We are almost totally out of snow here in NW IL. You have to strain your eyes for a few leftover, meager piles of dirty slush in the shady areas, or where the snow had been piled a story high by a parking lot. Our once 6-8" cover is now history...

What's your depth? 8) :wink:

NONE

0.1" to 0.2" in a 6 inch by 6 inch irregular spot in the shaded area next to our apartment. This is what is left. It is a remnant of a drift. It is coagulated water and snow, and the rest is history.

It is only visible if you search for it.

No snow depth here... Just a nasty lookin lawn :lol:

I'm really watching this current system... WV shows some cyclogenesis occuring to the south with several lightning strikes noted across southern IL/MO. The models push all of this action across my area with a decent thermal profile in terms of snowfall... Shall be interesting.

Then, I am definitely watching the next shortwave that's currently in the 60-78HR timefram... That could be a devastating ice storm for parts of the Midwest / Great Lakes. NAM shows nearly 1 inch QPF (with very impressive moisture transport vectors), with a nice easterly low level flow and a warm wedge aloft... Last time I seen a significant ice storm was back in April of 2003.

Snow advisory for my area Grand Rapids Michigan
NWS says 3-6 inches, I like seeing no snow on
the ground. Season snowfall total: 43.3 inches
which is 17.6 inches above normal thru this date.

Mike

I see only the grass here just north of Downtown Detroit... It's good to see it once again warm up into the mid 40's by next week. I hate snow, and I hate this state... So, any breaks from cold weather in the dead of winter in MI is considered highly welcomed on my part (and check out the potential for supercells just to the south on Monday) :)

I love Michigan, LOL... The only other are I'd move to would be the northeast. I love going up north in the summers and seeing all different types of terrain, hiking through the woods, etc.. The summers are hot and humid, the winter is cold and snowy - I get my dose of everything. Meteorologically speaking, Michigan is a very interesting state to say the least :lol:

Fairly mild late-December weather for Wisconsin has taken out most of the snowpack. We did get a brief shot of wet, heavy snow (big ol' flakes too) in the afternoon today, but most of it didn't stick since the temperature was 32.5 (F).

48cm yesterday morning here in my place, this was an absolute record for our area in last 100 years :D

We're definatelly not used to get such amount of snow. Records were about 15cm for December and absolute around 35cm! Totally insane weather!

48cm yesterday morning here in my place, this was an absolute record for our area in last 100 years :D

We're definatelly not used to get such amount of snow. Records were about 15cm for December and absolute around 35cm! Totally insane weather!

Sweet!

Send some our way man!

:lol:

Here is one pic:

img_7179212347.jpg

:wink:

Back