PYKL3 version 2.3 released!

We're proud to announce the availability of PYKL3 Radar version 2.3 for Android which adds many significant features including surface observations, dual-pol products and much, much more. In addition to a suite of AllisonHouse products, an up and coming data provider, CaprockWeather is our second data provider option. They are not quite ready for prime time, but have the data available. They are offering a free trial for their data. Please see pykl3radar.com for login information.

Please see additional information at our website at:
http://www.pykl3radar.com

A press release is available at:
http://pykl3radar.com/PressRelease_2.3.pdf

A version 2.3 transition guide is available at
http://pykl3radar.com/transitionv2.3.php

The new version has been pushed to Google Play (Android Market) and the update to Amazon App Store is expected in the next week or two.

Thank you all for the support
Joe Jurecka
Author, PYKL3 Radar

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Joe... it's an awesome update and so far seems to be bug free! Great work.

Thanks Joe for all the hard work as I find myself taking it for granted and that is not cool! This is an excellent program that comes in very handy to get to radar data fast and reliably. Thanks again for your efforts and success on the Android platform.

For you guys with an Android phone or tablet, get this piece of software! For the money, it is the best chasing investment you can get.

Just to echo the other comments, this update really takes PYKL3 into a whole new league, and blows away the competition. With dual-pol, seamless SPC product overlays, and METARs, there's virtually nothing missing now when comparing this $9.99 smartphone app against my GR3 setup for chasing. If I had a large tablet that could be mounted, I'd probably look into phasing out my laptop for chasing thanks to Joe's hard work.

For those following with the Playbook and the Android player...This no longer works with the Playbook.

Not sure why as it is running Droid 2.3.

It loads but crashes when any button or function is selected.
It worked fine a few betas ago.

I hope it does become a working product as the PB needs a good radar program and BB App World app
devs make more on avg, than Droid app devs.

Tim

For those following with the Playbook and the Android player...This no longer works with the Playbook.

Not sure why as it is running Droid 2.3.

It loads but crashes when any button or function is selected.
It worked fine a few betas ago.

I hope it does become a working product as the PB needs a good radar program and BB App World app
devs make more on avg, than Droid app devs.

Tim

Can you capture system logs on the playbook. If so, I can probably ascertain what is causing things to fail
Joe

Hi Joe,Is the color scale supposed to be labelled? On my HTC Thunderbolt, I don't see any labels on any color scales. For example, attached is an HCA image -- I don't have any way of knowing which color represents which precip classification. Well, I can make pretty good guesses based upon extent and location of the classes/colors, but labels still would be very nice! I've also had times during which the sfc observations and SpotterNet icons disappear from the screen (on the image below, there should be spotternet and surface obs present).Otherwise, I can't add much to the preceding accolades. Great job!

Attachments

• KSGF_20120320_142519.jpg
    KSGF_20120320_142519.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 56
Tap the color bar on the bottom and it will bring up a legend for you.

If you see any sort of pattern (and geospatial area) the surface plots not showing, please let me know. Anything you can provide will be helpful.
Joe

Joe,
I have only owned an Android device for about a week (Tab 7.7) but I gotta give you credit for a fantastic product. I have used Radarscope for about a year on my iphone and was pleased. I downloaded 2.2 last week on my new tablet and was enjoying learning all the new features...but then 2.3 was released and all of a sudden I have metars!! I love it and looking forward to using it in the field. Keep up the great work.

Back