Prediction: When and where will the first hurricane

Though it would be fun to toss out some wags (wild a$$ guess). So when and where do you think the first hurricane will hit the continental U.S. this year and what is the name going to be? I will go ahead and post a link for this years names.
http://geography.about.com/od/physicalgeog...a/2005names.htm

I think it will be Dennis and will hit between Corpus and Brownsville on July 18th. I don't know why I wouldn't say Fl after last year and Arlene but I guess Tx is due.

I'll play ... I'm going to say it will be Franklin (just because I think it will sound funny to have a hurricane named Franklin), and the eyewall will pass just north of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on July 28th as a Category 4 storm that will be downgraded to Cat 3 just before making landfall.

Wow, I am terrible at guessing. I will probably be really wrong! :lol: I think it will be Emily (just because I know someone named Emily) and I think it will make landfall near Gulfport, Mississippi on August 12 (this is the day that I start school :x and it would be very hard to chase on this day). Yep, this is a wild guess! :lol:

Hmm...well since these are all long shots - why not got for the biggest one. :)

Hurricane Zelda, Cat 3, Oct 13, San Diego CA. Can't forget about the EastPac you know.

A more probable one...Cindy, Cat 2, Aug 3, Gulfport MS.

Cindy, cat 3, Jacksonville, FL, August 1.

I know a real feisty Cindy and cat 3's a pretty feisty way to start the season.

I think Florida will be hit hard again this year. Just a feeling.

Back