Pattern Developments

Didn't want to post this in the FCST threads because it is little more than long range speculation at this point (let me know if it should be moved), but GFS looks to be shifting full gear into spring mode over the next week. Starting to wonder if we may seriously be seeing a pattern setting up over the plains states. Convective precip is breaking out on the maps again around Sun-Mon timeframe (southern plains) and then again next Thursday (this time further north). Subtropics are warming up nicely and moisture is starting to find its way northward. Looks like spring might be here after all. And time to start praying that the death ridge stays away. Any thoughts?

Current model forecasts suggesting the storm out ~180 hrs will be moisture starved - but a lot can change between now and then. Certainly something to keep an eye out for.

Glen

Current model forecasts suggesting the storm out ~180 hrs will be moisture starved - but a lot can change between now and then. Certainly something to keep an eye out for.

Glen

I agree... it's a nice deep low, but the GFS shows 40kt northwesterly flow across the entire Gulf Sunday and Monday... I fear we're going to have a similar situation as this past Monday's situation in terms of limited low-level moisture... We'll see though

Back