OU staff begins moving into the National Weather Center

I self-toured for the first time today as well.[/b]
To those OU students who are "self-touring".... is the building open to the public, or do you have a key card to enter? We at NSSL have been told we can't even step foot into the building (even with a guest) until it is our day to move (2 Aug for me), which is when we are issued our key cards. This seems like an arbitrary decision, considering the fact that I may need to conduct business with colleagues already occupying the building before that date. In fact - Jeff, Aaron, Robin, Dan, we need to have a meeting next Monday! :)

Sort of. The building is open 9-5 on weekdays with no key card needed. We walked in to pick up my friend's ID card, saw a staff member from SOM, and then went exploring. As expected, there were numerous issues with moving. Even though my friend's computer box clearly stated the room # on it, we found it on the other side of the building. We'll see if it ends up in the right location eventually. We left it alone for now.

The main area that isn't substantially finished yet appears to be down by the NSSL garage and cafeteria. We avoided that area due to the amount of construction going on. I did notice a couple of unnamed CIMMS/NSSL employees walking around so... ;) Supposedly, as long as you have a blue NWC lanyard on they won't bother ya.

Aaron

Sort of. The building is open 9-5 on weekdays with no key card needed. We walked in to pick up my friend's ID card, saw a staff member from SOM, and then went exploring. As expected, there were numerous issues with moving. Even though my friend's computer box clearly stated the room # on it, we found it on the other side of the building. We'll see if it ends up in the right location eventually. We left it alone for now.

The main area that isn't substantially finished yet appears to be down by the NSSL garage and cafeteria. We avoided that area due to the amount of construction going on. I did notice a couple of unnamed CIMMS/NSSL employees walking around so... ;) Supposedly, as long as you have a blue NWC lanyard on they won't bother ya.

Aaron
[/b]

Ironic that (as an OU met student and student employee at OCS) I hear more about what's going on with the building on Stormtrack than anywhere else. To date, I haven't heard anything from the SoM related to the move at all.

Ironic that (as an OU met student and student employee at OCS) I hear more about what's going on with the building on Stormtrack than anywhere else. To date, I haven't heard anything from the SoM related to the move at all.
[/b]

You must not be on a mailing list... As Aaron noted, Carr and Snow have been sending out 5-6 emails per week about the move. I've been gettting them in my general OU email box, which isn't tied to Rossby, so it's probably going out the SomStuds list as well (that's studs short for students... although we may all consider ourselves studs ;) ).

I was on the OU campass late last week for the enrollment 2006 procedures(yay for being a new freshman!). Anyhow they informed us that shuttles between campass and the NWC would be every half hour but they didn't say where they were leaving from. They also told us that the building wasn't 'open' yet(something about fire marshall) and that we shouldn't go down and try to take a tour of it. Noting that I'm rather excited about it, hopefully its nice and will have wireless internet or such so that I can spend the majority of my free time there.

Back