• Stormtrack's forum runs on Xenforo forum software, which will be undergoing a major update the evening of Wednesday, Feb 28th. The site may be down for a period while that update takes place.

NWS Denver Forecast - Major Temperature Change (Humor)

This was the area forecast for Denver (as well as surrounding areas) as of 10:45am this morning! :lol:

Today: Sunny and cold, with a high near -60. Calm wind.

Tonight: Clear, with a low around -60. Calm wind becoming west northwest between 10 and 13 mph.

Tuesday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high near 87. North northwest wind between 5 and 13 mph.

Tuesday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low near 59. North northwest wind between 5 and 7 mph.

Wednesday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high near 90. Northwest wind between 7 and 11 mph.

Wednesday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.

Thursday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high around 85.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 58.

Friday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high around 85.

Friday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Partly cloudy.

-taken at 10:45am from Denver NWS Forecast Page

If that pans out, the temperature difference from today into tomorrow will be 147! :shock: Only in Denver!

Major temp changes is possible.

The Denver area is well known nationally for its major temp changes. That's what happens when a Chinook (sp) sweeps down off the mountains and warms everything up in a matter of minutes. I've seen temps in the mid-30s only to have high temps of 90s on the same day.

I like the Nebraska weather better. Temps are more moderate, only a 20 degree swing in temps during the day. :D

Nooo... I would believe that temperature change in Nebraska. We've gone from 65-70 degree temps in Jan/Feb to a near blizzard the next day. It just happened this past winter. Nebraska weather is so screwy...

My bro out in Spearfish, SD works with an old dude who remembers the record temp change out there. 59 degrees in two minutes. Youch.

Back