NWS Denver Forecast - Major Temperature Change (Humor)

This was the area forecast for Denver (as well as surrounding areas) as of 10:45am this morning! :lol:

Today: Sunny and cold, with a high near -60. Calm wind.

Tonight: Clear, with a low around -60. Calm wind becoming west northwest between 10 and 13 mph.

Tuesday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high near 87. North northwest wind between 5 and 13 mph.

Tuesday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low near 59. North northwest wind between 5 and 7 mph.

Wednesday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high near 90. Northwest wind between 7 and 11 mph.

Wednesday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.

Thursday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high around 85.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 58.

Friday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high around 85.

Friday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Partly cloudy.

-taken at 10:45am from Denver NWS Forecast Page

If that pans out, the temperature difference from today into tomorrow will be 147! :shock: Only in Denver!

Major temp changes is possible.

The Denver area is well known nationally for its major temp changes. That's what happens when a Chinook (sp) sweeps down off the mountains and warms everything up in a matter of minutes. I've seen temps in the mid-30s only to have high temps of 90s on the same day.

I like the Nebraska weather better. Temps are more moderate, only a 20 degree swing in temps during the day. :D

Nooo... I would believe that temperature change in Nebraska. We've gone from 65-70 degree temps in Jan/Feb to a near blizzard the next day. It just happened this past winter. Nebraska weather is so screwy...

Back