NEWS: Matt Biddle

[Even though I already posted, a more direct response]

Matt,

Best wishes and prayers are with you. I wish you a speedy and thorough recovery. Godspeed you.

Matt,
You may not remeber me, but I sure remebmer you. May 21st 2004 I was heading up towards North East Nebraska. I saw a couple of other chasers off to the side of the road analizing early afternoon data. I decided to pull off and get their thoughts / ideas for the days setup. We chatted a bit, and before to long you pulled up. As I said, I sure remeber you, because you didn't even know me, but you were more than willing to share your knowledge and experience with a rookie like me. Here I was, some goofball from So. Cal, who can barely read a sounding chart, and you were taking the time to help me, and answer all of my questions. You even gave me your email and the scanner frequencies for the DOWs.

The cap broke, and we all took separate ways around the storm. Hadar Nebraska was my first tornado. Later that night at a steak house in Norfolk, I ran into you again and we talked over steaks and beer, sharing our video shots and stories from the days storms and tornado. For me, that never to be forgotten experience (who could forget their first tornado), was not only shaped by the storms themselves, but by the genuine and helpful people along along the way. Thanks for being one of those people.

My prayers are with you, and I'll see you out on the plains this spring!

Craig

Here's wishing Matt a speedy recovery and a long eventful chase season thereafter!

Geoff

Back